Advice And Critique Needed On Interior Office

Looking for advice and criticism for my latest office scene. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Dafuq!?
Aliens? Jesus resurrection? Hiroshima?
Even the plant looks scared…
On a serious note: Booze bottles in an office desk… please no.

Haha oh right thanks.

I think I can see what you wanna do. But you should remember that minimalism can way more beautiful than pushing over the top. You could reduce the volumetric light, add details to the room and it’ll be better already.
Try to put your camera straight too, a perfectly horizontal camera looks good with architecture, as the corners of the room will then be straight, and stuff ^^

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Can’t properly help without knowing what you are trying to atchieve here? The light is way too bright thats almost the only thing i’m seing!

The very bright environment on the outside is odd. Try using HDRI maps for a nice exterior background instead for a more realistic feel.

Try this:

Also try placing portal lights in the window to decrease noise.

Attachments

Well, dont want to repeat what other say, the volumetric light is a good idea, but you want to show the office, not only the shadow of it.

There it make more think to an X-files scene. I can imagine an animation with light moving behind the window.

Another thing you might want to try is adding a (soft, dim) light facing the other direction to quickly emulate some of the light bouncing back from the other side of the room. It’ll help bring the subject into view. I’ll just re-iterate what those two said: I think the scattering can be toned down a little. If you’re getting too much noise from the HDRI, try putting a portal lamp (type of area lamp) in the window.