Ren Hu: pre-launch trailer

Hello everybody:

Here I share with you the pre-launch trailer of Ren Hu, a videogame I worked doing modeling, texturing and animation in Blender.

Our launch day is on April 15th and you’ll can play it for free on Windows, Mac and Linux. At Lethal Games we worked hard and we hope you enjoy the game and support us on kickstarter.

Here is the pre-launch trailer:

And here you can watch some timelapse:

See you soon!

Tomorrow, April 20th, is our kickstarter, and you’ll can download and play the free demo on Wondows, Mac and Linux. If you like it consider support us on kickstarter and enjoy our cool rewards. at Lethal-Games we apreciate the support and soon we write some articles talking about all the process and technology behind Ren-Hu, how we use Construct 2, Blender and After Effects.

Now I leave you with our last trailer. Enjoy it!

See you soon!

As awesome as I think the style is, I can’t help but notice the walking animation looks off. It looks like the foot isn’t supporting the body underneath the center of gravity when he walks (walking is nothing more than a series of controlled falls anyway). When you walk you always shift your body so the center of gravity is in the same line as the foot. (If your torso would stay still (aka, no hips or shoulders playing along), your foot would be directly underneath your groin). When the camera is behind him it looks like his feet are too far out from the center.

Maybe this is intentional, dunno. Everything else breathes awesome to me. Good luck!

After a hard week, we are now on kickstarter!!

Sorry for the delay on the answer thelowlander, but we had issues with our launch. All the animations in the game try to imitate Dragon Ball and specifically Vegeta. In Dragon Ball the walk cycle is different and I decide not to give that sensation of fall. Maybe I’m wrong and that made the animation looks off. And there is another reason for the main character to walk and move like that, but is part of the story…

Looks cool. The animation looks cool too.