blender 2.77 and 2.77a - compositing render layers Z-Combine node error

I don’t know if anyone knows anything about this or not but this is concerning the Z-combine node in blender compositing. For some reason now blender compositing render layers Z-Combine node is not rendering z transparency. In other words, if you have an object with transparent material dropped down on it on one render layer and another with none on it on another then the transparency will act like it’s opaque or a mask and you can’t see the other composite through it. So far it only happened in the 2.77 and 2.77a build of blender… does anyone else has this problem??

Z depth don’t have transparency.

Use a mist pass for transparency in depth.

So what you’re saying the reason z-combine is not rendering the transparency is because blender doesn’t take z-depth into a count when using transparent objects??

I sort of fixed this but I had to turn off sky to both render layers which I didn’t have to do before… and now I’m faced with a even greater problem: the z-combine won’t render a render layer via object within a transparent object…

Observe the two objects carefully. you see the crease/edge of the transparent green cube showing through the solid red cube? that is of course NOT what what we want…

here’s the file:
Test 2 File.blend (517 KB)

Attachments