A few sketches/digital paintings

Photo Update:

Hi all, been trying to get back into drawing recently, and learning digital painting. Here is some of the stuff I have done in the past week or 2
/uploads/default/original/4X/7/9/e/79eed18a2db969d445ecc899a7513d18ea5e2afb.jpgstc=1/uploads/default/original/4X/0/a/5/0a5146b673e4e98ee53a3f31ae3923d3425dfff3.jpgstc=1/uploads/default/original/4X/9/e/9/9e997ba6ffaff9ec6c0ef16137980e8867d5a4d9.jpgstc=1

Attachments

3 Likes

Attachments

1 Like

Can you guess who it is yet?

Attachments

Really nice work Peter18 - I love your Obiwan Kenobi. Keep up the paint studies - they look really useful.

Thanks :slight_smile: Really enjoying the learning experience!

here is a wip of my latest piece

Attachments

Very nice progress - I can guess who it is now! You’re achieving a very good likeness of Hermione!

And finished…I think :smiley:

Attachments

1 Like

Pretty good the hair I think is really good wondering how you went about with the hair? Overall a sweet job, you did.

Thanks. For the hair, I kinda just made it up really. Painted a base color with a rough idea of where I wanted darker and lighter toned to be. I then used a much smaller brush, and start with the dark tone and painted individual strands, and then layered it up with mid tones, lighter tone, and highlight. I then used the smudge tool set to about 15% and lightly went over the hair, just to soften it a bit.

your awesome man that spiderman is sick

Jumped back into some digital painting after not doing any for a while. I really enjoy doing black and white stuff. Seems ‘easier’. Here’s part of a WIP

Calling this finished. Really enjoyed doing, and I think it’s my best work yet :smiley:

3 Likes

You are definetely talented! Keep trying and practising and you will become a great artist!
Your eyes are already pretty damn close. However, I’d suggest trying out a stronger contrast on the skin. From my point of view, you should focus on a few aspects right now:

1. Getting some high contrast in the skin, to create a little bit more drama and a sence of depth.
  2. Mixing the skin color with a few reds and yellows, and maybe even other colors to imitate the effect of colored light.
    These two always have a huge impact onto a painting, because light and shadows are keys we use to determine wether something looks real or not :wink:

Wow It’s Look so amazing, love this sketches Designs.

I’ve been messing about in photoshop for the past couple days. here are the two random things I made.

1 Like

First time posting on the new forum…hooray!

Not posted for a while. I completed my first digital painting in ages. Learnt a lot whilst doing this one. Really happy with the outcome.

5 Likes

I really like this last one you did I like the color choices, lighting, and Detail. Good work.

1 Like

Got the art bug atm!
Another piece. Daenerys Targaryen

9 Likes

Last one for a while I think

6 Likes

Been a good 9 months since I did a digital painting.

“The Bells…”

WIP Gif
WIP-gif

Layers breakdown
Layers-Breakdown

2 Likes