Tea Scene 11

This is a scene I’ve began working on nearly a year ago. It was the first big thing I decided to make in blender and have been slowly improving it ever since.

It has a lot of noise, which is probably mostly caused by the HDR being less than ideal, as the render itself uses 5000 samples.

I’m looking for things I could improve, but I feel like it might be beyond my capability and this might finally be the last version.

Attachments

Your scene is really good. I could notice possibilities only for tiny improvements, like the window frame seems to be a bit too thin, the top plate on the table seems to be too much glossy and the picture’s frame seems to loose its depth in the most right part of the image (however seems like it would do that in real world as well because of the camera position and angle).
However these are small details, other than that I think this render is great.

Pretty good.

There’s something with the plates who seems a bit off, the glossy kill the details of the surface, and maybe they are too close of each other or maybe too thin, so you end with 15 -16 plates … thats a lot of plates for a tea…

As you can see, I have all kinds of things lying around - spoons, glasses, coasters, so I feel like the ammount of plates itself in here isn’t the biggest problem.

If I get around to making another version I plan to put something behind the plates to block off some of the light, like a tall box/can of tea.

I think it depends on what you try to show: a tea set or a table ready for a tea party?

A tea party is like this (all cups and plates have their place):
/uploads/default/original/4X/e/e/f/eefa27de5add3e54e55595cf64eb62fe39895dc2.jpgstc=1

On the other hand a tea set can be represented very clean for commercial purpose or like this one below for art purpose:

The difference is how “clean” or how “imperfect” the layout is. You have already started with some “imperfections”, like the one cup filled with tea and the others empty. Try to make some more with some tea (so the party is maybe not over yet). Steam from the tea would be perfect!!!

Attachments

It’s an interesting idea, but I’m unfortunately going in a different direction - more like a lazy dude that just keeps his dishes scattered around table instead of putting them into shelves or whatever.