Blender 4 BIM - Researching sectioning solutions

Hi,

Transferring production workflows from 3DS Max to Blender has been very successful importing model information from Revit using OBJ 2 export add-on works well and brings material information less textures across very well. !!

Currently I need to work with providing a easy solution for sectioning multiple objects for animation and or still images from current research my understanding is the following:

Section objects using Material alpha - this provides issues of losing base material

Section using planes ???

Render Camera using clipping planes - does not provide solid control

Maybe I am missing something very easy or a add-on to provide a solution ??

Can we use Vport clipping mask as a render solution ?? this would provide a quick way for still images ???

Thanks in advance for you attention or feedback on this. :wink:

material solution is good enought - i know a little trick

you need to create a group node- with input as shader- and output as shader :_)
in group you have mix shader that is section control - best would be to take one object in mapping as section controller - you can then move some empty to even animate section…

you need to drop this group in all shaders between last node and output- therefore group becomes your global control over all materials section.

Excellent thanks will give this go cheers:o

Excellent thanks will give this go cheers:o

Excellent worked fantastic thank you very much image attached of final solution, ColorRamp added to sharpen the cut…stc=1

Thanks loads for this information this is a great solution screen grab…

stc=1

glad to see u happy,
U can also add backfacing node to fill walls etc with black emision