Beach foam

Beach foam made with blender modifier + node, and baked to animated UV texture.
mzBeachFoam.blend (404 KB)

alt-a : how its made
p : BGE animated texture

Cool stuff! I’d really love a tutorial on how to create this effect. Maybe it could be adapted for other things. I’m not sure what just yet.

Thanks for sharing!

Oooh that’s really cool :smiley: Unfortunately it only plays 1/2 wave cycle on this end : S That is to say that the wave washes away, but never comes back.

Any idea why?

Hi guys.

@Sasquire I’d love to do the tutorial. Unfortunately I have a very slow internet 72kbps connection to upload the time lapse video. Since I have a slow internet connection and a slow 3 years old i3 notebook, advanced simulations are no go. I frequently use this technique to make BGE smoke, fire or other fake volume object (normalmaps + alpha)

@John_tgh may I know what version of Blender are you using? Try to check the loop in UV editing (right wave) and animation (left wave). It should be looping wave forever.

If other people facing the same problem, maybe I have to re-upload the file.

Thanks.

Your link is not all opening, we should download your link to view or what

@mziskandar 2.76 when I tested your file, just upgraded to 2.77a - I’ll try it again and report back ; )

Edit: Hmmm, tried it again just now, Alt + A displays the animation perfectly. Ingame I only get to see the wave roll out however : 1

Edit2: Nevermind, it works like a charm! ^ ^ I was simply being impatient : 1 My bad : S