Linux, render window too tall for available space.

Ok, I’m on…
Blender 2.77
Xubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS
XFCE window manager (XFWM4) 4.11.1

When my desktop taskbar is at the bottom of the screen, there is no problem. Though, I like to have the taskbar at the top, and I like to render to a new window. When the render window opens, it is full height of the screen, but offset downward by the width of the taskbar, hiding the window header bar offscreen. When I need to I just maximize it and it brings the header onscreen. It’s kind of a pain but I’ve learned to live with it.

Here’s my question. I’m updating my Linux. What’s a good, lightweight, Xorg screen manager that doesn’t have this issue? Suggestions?

Could you elaborate a little. What do you mean by lightweight? And do you want a full desktop environment or just a standalone window manager?
If second I’d recommend you to try tiling window managers like i3wm, bspwm, or even xmonad. With them you can get a really fast system (I mean it: really fast!), but it is not for faint-hearted, because it needs a lot of manual configuration and you must be highly proficient at Linux (for bspwm, for example, you need to know at least the basics of bash scripting, and for xmonad - Haskell, i3 uses its own configuration syntax). But in the end you get your system, which looks as you like, behaves as you like, and so on.
As for the desktop environments there are not many truly lightweight DEs: LXDE, LXQT, Enlightenment, XFCE. All the others more or less heavy. I’m actually on KDE myself. And it doesn’t have the issue you described. If render size is more than my screen resolution, the render window just opens maximized.

I misstated my question. I want a lightweight DE. I’ve been happy with XFCE and I’ve got the Xubuntu 16.04 ISO downloading now. Don’t know if it will fix the issue, but I’ll get it sorted. Thanks for the input TimoShch.

Could you explain the problem with screenshots and maybe arrows drawn pointing the problem? Not you, my English :slight_smile:

Not an issue YAFU. It wasn’t blender. It was my linux window manager. Updating to XFWM4 4.12.3 solved the problem.