Blender F1 Challenge

Hello all,
It’s been a long time since this has been discussed on the forums (2012!!) but I finally have to admit that I no longer have the interest in restarting the Blender F1 Challenge in the foreseeable future. That said, I still own the domain name blenderf1.com and am willing to transfer it to any Blenderhead who wants to try and get the competition going again. I will transfer the domain ONLY if there is serious interest as it currently is the home to some incredible Blender artwork from years past.
The original goal of the Challenge was to provide a subject for learning Blender and to all of you who have been part of the Blender F1 Challenge, I hope it helped you get more out of this wonderful program.

I am still around and lurk through these forums on occasion so let me know if you are interested in taking on the Blender F1 Challenge. It would be very cool to see it continue.

Ciao for now!

CurtisS

Hi all,

I’m not familiar with this challenge, but I do like to support or enable good stuff.

I’d like to take over, but I don’t have the time right now to do this. I might have some time in half a year or so.
So, if nobody else is taking over in the meantime, I could do it.

Question is: does people want it back?

Kind regards,
Mark

I know I would love to see the F1 competition back in full swing. It’d be great if someone with a little more bandwith could take it over. Curtis, have you considered contacting the blender market, or renderstreet, or one of the other companies doing blender services? they might have more capacity to handle managing a project like that.

Hi all,
I am having discussions with someone with great potential and has the resources and experience to take over the F1 Challenge. I would sure like to see it survive. Thanks for the relies and input so far. Keep them coming.
Ciao for now.
CurtisS

Hey, I remember that challenge, would be great to see it again!

I would love to see the F1 challenge happen again. I don’t know how much I can help make it happen for the community though.

Hi all,
I am still open to anyone willing to take on the Blender F1 Challenge. Feel free to send me a private message through BA if you want to discuss it further.
Thanks for the input and keep it coming.
Ciao for now.
CurtisS