How can i stop follow path animation and walking at certain frame ?

How can i stop follow path animation and walking at certain frame?

i was trying everything to stop character from moving while he follows path. Was trying to keyframe it in curves panel and in constrain panel and the only thing i can do is to stop him follow path at certain frame. But how to do both - at certain frame - stop him walking and following path in same time?

Finally after playing with that i found that two parameters are need to be tweeked. In order to stop moving character completely i had to adjust repeat option in NLA modifier. And in order to stop him follow the path i had to keyframe offset parameter of the follow path constrain. But now i have another conundrum here. HOW I CAN continue animate character once i stopped him moving at certain frame. Do i have to create another action? Because i found if i have for example walk action which consist of 33 frames (and its repeated 6 times in playback settings of NLA editor so alltogether its 195 frames) than if i want to put another keyframe at frame 196 it will mess up whole animation. So for example character stopped walking and needs to do something else other than walk at frame 196. How can i do that if it still have path constrain and repeated in NLA?