Chemical Lab Scene

Hi , here I am practising with cycles shaders & textures
Work is in progress

Woo, nice and dirty! I like those materials a lot. I think the reflection of the test tube onto the coffee maker(?) is a bit too strong and clear. Are you using some kind of Fresnel node?

thanks , you are right , I’m still tweaking materials

Attachments

some progress

Attachments

beautiful, really expect to see final renders.
I assume that it’s currently noisy because you haven’t set the final lighting yet.

Thanks , Number of samples is low , it still test render

Still trying

I love the Chemistry type objects, and the dirt on them. (personal comment: why did you do such an awesome heater, and not use it better in your final setup? I would so buy one of those if they were real, looks like Porche Design made it, awesome job!!!)

One thing I do not like on the final render (apart from the final resolution of the image; also .jpg?) and that is: why my eyes are cought on the screen? Do you want to show off that Carbon-Hidrogen structure from a screenshot? or should we look at the bottles and ask whatever is in them? Put a lamp, or something different to cast lights and shadows on the environment, or a different angle.
Also in the other images, the table is brighter, and it should be so, as it would help more the final scene, plus most tables on Labs, are bright white.

None the less, totally awesome :smiley: