Request some modelling assistance with character for hands, and shoes?

Hi,

Well, I’ve done what I can do, so I need a generic hand and shoe structure, could someone consider modelling out one of each for this half of this model file.

I can send the file.

Attachments

You’re not going to get very far if you ask for people do to everything for you. What you need to do is put your project ideas all on the side, take a few months (or maybe years), and learn all of this stuff step by step.

Yeah, I got everyone here to assist me. Bud, I bought the book that I thought could help me, and I’ve used youtube. So far nothing is working as it should do.

I used a generic model for the character as an alternative from blendswap.

I guess we can’t all be good with logical thinking concerning video game creation.

That’s because you’re not applying yourself, and you’re trying to learn everything at once. It took me five years to get to where I am, and I’m still just making proof-of-concept demos of projects that aren’t going anywhere.

Trust me, I tried visual basic when I was at college almost ten years ago, over two years ago, I tried Visual basic again, I arrived too late to try and create a 2D game for Windows Mobile 2002. I still have the PDA with the program that doesn’t do what it should using a youtube clip at the time, and I guesses some example code. But what ever.

So I seem to fault with computer programming languages, could be my academic learning, I didn’t do well with English and Maths. So it could be a combination of reasons.

If I didn’t apply, I wouldn’t of got anywhere with Blender. I first tried it out ten years ago, Cog’s Ocean animation. His site is gone now.

I have the Game Development book published in 2013, focused on 2.66. There are examples of a Shark game using AI, a wheel car chapter, which doesn’t apply to my Robot task of animated tread tracks, unless they can just spin around a few parts. I was given an example of working treads, they are quite nice, but I’m confused on how to apply it, if there is no other alternative such as animated UV or something.:confused:

It is a nice book for various examples, but none apply to my scenario. I tried the video site youtube, where there are helpful clips, of quite some use.

I tried a few others, by Hamilton, they don’t work for me, such as a working lift using a opening and close vertical slide door example, the logic really should work. Slide doors going horizontal, one opens and never returns.

There is nothing on revolving doors on the axis, outwards on youtube or in the book, in particular how to animate them to open. So therefore Cube.002 Action is in the list for use in properties for a logic brick, notsure why that can be used unlike player which I need for an object to follow.

I’m all over the place, I’m just jumping from one task to another to keep at it.

I did make progress with changing the camera logic to avoid the rubbish movement, as for the arrow keys, well foward goes forward, but then if you press another arrow key, such as the right, it doesn’t go right, it is sort of rubbish.

I was reflecting on Michellesea’s post about longterm learning of the program. Considering different versions can make or break a game, one has to hurry…hehe!

I’m all over the place, I’m just jumping from one task to another to keep at it.

You’ll do well to study some of the examples you’ve been using and play around with the concepts they teach, apart from any project you might be working on. To only think of things in terms of what you’re currently trying to do wastes a lot of time. It might seem counter-productive, but you’ll actually learn more and hone your skills. You won’t learn anything if you rely on other people’s work. That’s how problems get introduced.

That is the only way. Just thinking logically about bricks, and mess around gives me few to no results. I thought the Game Development book would help, but it hasn’t so far only with Armature placement and animation of a character figure, the video site Youtube has been some help , also with some posts on here, and Cotax’s example of a moving object with the press of a key has certainly made my project move forward. As for some other tasks, well I guess that site will be more useful than here. But not all the solutions are there.

By adding in some collision bricks I stopped a moving object from going beneath a floor once the game has loaded. But that hasn’t stopped it from being submerged almost entirely. ‘Invert’ just makes it rotate, and not go beneath or move whilst below.