[HALP] Animating/Modelling/Texturing an MD3 file. [For a Quake 3 mod]

So… Here’s the story. A guy asked me to make some models (A standard work, with standard pay, nothing fancy) of the Quake 3 weapons (remodeled, better quality, higher resolution textures, even some are from Shadow Warrior, but thats besides the point); later on he told me it was for a mod. That means, he needs everything on MD3 format. So, i made my research, made quads to tris, cut down the quantity of polygons, and then i fall flat. Why? Well, that’s a really, really obscure format. I use Katsbits plugin for MD3 exporting, but everything there is obscure. My questions are:

-How in heaven do I export it with the texture? Every time i export it to MD3 it turns out white, and i don’t really know what i’m doing wrong… (I added the custom property md3shader with the name of the texture, i think it has something to do with the texture image not being on the same folder, but anyway, it would be good knowing with certainty)

-How to properly export the texture; so i can send it through e-mail.

-How to match it with the muzzle flash or whatever on the game? I haven’t even tried, but if someone knows, it would be awesome.

-And most important… How to animate a texture. What little i found is… "A typical MD3 weapon might be 5 GL units wide and 45 long. They usually would have no animations, although it should be possible to add animation by modifying the Quake 3 code. You can also add texture animations with shaders. Weapons have a tag named tag_weapon that attaches to the player model’s tag_weapon tag in the upper body mesh. "

So yeah, i didn’t get any of that. Animate a texture with shaders? Sweet Jesus. If you could even answer one of these questions, I’d apreciate it to an extent that is borderline exagerated.

PD: Also, if there is a better place where I should post this, please tell me so I repost. I’m not sure if it even goes here.

PD 2: (Tags? It has something to do with points, i guess i’ll investigate later, but as i said, VERY obscure format)

PD 3: I’m using a cube for testing. It’s a cube with every square cut in half, so a cube with 2 triangular faces on every square face, if that makes any sense.

Have you read this post?

Other bits’n pieces i find here

Hope helps…