First Light

This is my first submission to blenderartists.org for critique. It took me about a month to complete from start to finish. I’m
looking forward to hearing from the Blender community as to your thoughts about it.

Attachments

Great piece! Love the cliffs and portal. Good lighting as well. Only thing I could say is give it just a tiny little bit more depth (for example or fog) to emphasize the scale . Also, the sky looks a little too white for the sun height. Making it more orange would also complement the blue a little better to make it more dramatic.

Hi i have a question. How high or low poly are those “aircraft”, they seem pretty detialed

Good advice! I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello. The ones close the the camera are more detailed than the ones farther away. All just extruded cylinders with 32 Vertices.

Love the concept, the composition, and the rendering. My only comment would be regarding scale. Because of the size of the grass in the foreground that makes these “tombstones” feel about natural size - e.g. maybe 4 feet high - which in turn makes the spaceships feel very small. If you’re implying that the “tombstones” are actually giant structures then I think you need to address the grass and dirt in the foreground so that it is scaled waaaaaay down. I hope you’ll take my critique in the way it is intended. As a positive one. Really nice work.

Yeah he said it exactly as it should be said, your image is great but the scale is way off, It looks like the airships are tiny. Atmosphere and working on the plants and cliff should do the trick!

Thanks for the great advice. I did struggle with the size of the grass particle systems quite a bit. Your suggestion is spot on! Thanks for the thoughtful critique. It’s great to have a forum such as this to gain constructive feedback.