Chinchilla deformed upon rigging?

Hello all, I have a quick question in regards to rigging. When I duplicated this guy’s arms and legs and flipped them, thigns seemed nearly fine (the elbow was bent backwards, however). However, when I parented the model to the bones, THIS happened:

I have no idea why this is; it’s like one vertex is trying to wrap itself around and pull the others with it? Here’s the model file so people can have a better look-see…

[link]https://www.mediafire.com/?6ky6fff7j68iws0[/link]

Attachments

If you say you parented the bones to the mesh you probably mean with automatic weights and that doesn’t always work. The automatic weights function really only works with skinny human forms with high poly’s, anything else does not work. right click on that arm bone you are moving, then right click the chinchilla and go into weight painting mode and you will probably see that some vertex or multiple have a large weight when they shouldn’t cause why would moving his arm affect his face. If i have assumed incorrectly and you didn’t use automatic weights you just didn’t do a very good job in weight painting and have given the wrong vertices the wrong weights. But trust me I understand your pain, rigging is really hard and often screws up