Strange Lack of Edges in Wireframe

Simple question, everything seems to be fine, but I would rather make sure than find out later that I really messed something up. While in object mode, wireframe, some of the horizontal edges along my model seem to be missing. They are there in edit, but in object, they appear very sparse, only several are present. Does anyone have an explanation for this? I am back at blender after a VERY long hiatus, so getting back up to speed.

Attachments

This is expected Blender behaviour. It was once introduced as an imho crazy workaround for the slow viewport to get a speed gain by not drawing all edges. But nowadays it doesn’t really make sense anymore. It only gives users headache if something is broken here …

When you want to view really all wire edges at your mesh then you need to tick show all edges too in the object settings in the Display panel. A crazy workaround for the crazy workaround so to say ^^

Attachments

Object properties -> display: draw all edges.

Beautiful, thank you for clearing that up for me.

Note that this option quite heavily slows down viewport drawing in bigger scenes, better to use it thoughtfully. Solving this issue is quite a huge task and it’s being worked on with the viewport project.