Render yields different results on different machines.

Hi

I have just gotten a second PC up and running, so that i can render on two machines at once.

However, it seems that the output is highly different, even though i use the same version of Blender with the same settings.

It is rendered in cycles on GPU

is it a common thing that rendering two different graphics cards yields two different results, or what might be the reason.
I hope you can help, as of now, i obviously can’t spilt a rendering project over two computers.

Attachments

That pinkish colour on the other picture cone suggests your textures are not found on that other computer. But I’m just guessing, because as far as I know, the results should be very same. Years ago there was some problems, but not after that.

The pinkish color is created, not using any textures at all.

I have just tried deleting and reinstalling both computer versions, such that the installments match. Still gives different results.

I tried to load them into photoshop, and subtract one from the other.
It seems it is the materials where i have applied the Subsurface Scattering shaders, that is different.
The one card is a Nvidia and the other one is an AMD card.

Is Blender more suited for one type of card then another?

Attachments

Only CUDA support SSS on the gpu
See feature list https://www.blender.org/manual/render/cycles/features.html

Then that solves it.
Do you know if AMD cards will support SSS in the future?

It would be stupid to say No. I would guess it will be supported within the next few years

But it’s not in the immediate future.

Ty for the answers :slight_smile: