i need advice

I’m trying to make an animated short film. I’ve already got my main character. (a low poly stickman) the only thing that’s stopping me is all the 3d modeling i’ll have to do, (his house, his car, interior scenes, etc). everything i try just isn’t working.

i just need some advice. i’m getting really discouraged and i don’t wanna give up on this project, (i’ve even got a stupid little screenplay written)

Don’t be discouraged! I’d be glad to help you where I can. Where are you having trouble, exactly?

You need to give us some more information to work with and what exactly you are having trouble with.

Well this here is a preliminary render of the opening shot of the movie. I don’t know if you can see it, but that light shining on the front of the house (a porch light) is causing a lot of noise. I rendered this with 500 samples and the image is still fairly grainy. I’d appreciate if you can give me any help or some tips. :slight_smile:

Attachments

Dude! If you don’t know how to model a house, google “model 3d house in blender”. The knowledge in out there, you just have to watch tutorials. Everybody sucks at it for a long while, so don’t you dare give up!

Edit:
I started writing this post before you posted, BurgerMaster. So, you have lighting issues, not modeling issues. So, you can just ignore my post.

You should learn to model yourself, but if you just want to get some scenes together you should check out blendswap, 1000’s of completely free models etc… in your own blend, file, append, go to the blend, object, choose…

You could try the Blender Internal Renderer (Blender Render) instead of Cycles. It would be best for simple stuff. I have only little experience with Cycles, but I would only try to make animations with Cycles, if I had a dozen powerful computers at my disposal.

And you don’t necessarily have to be a better modeler, just think about South Park.

lol dude i’m having all types of issues your post was helpful

you make a good point.

i honestly don’t know why i put this in modeling since im having issues all over the place

It looks like you are trying to light your scene with small mesh lights with high strength values. That’s a deadly combination for Cycles. Use some other (bigger) light sources (or an HDR) to get some light in your scene and decrease the strength of the mesh lamps.