"Sisyphys Engine No.1" Steampunk inspired marble machine, kinetic sculpture

My latest 3D class project, using Blender bullet engine for a Steampunk-marble madness-denha’s marble machines inspired animation. See below for the video link. Still some things I’d refine with more time and my own render farm :slight_smile: but more projects are calling.

All in there are 53 balls, 32 constraints, and just 2 keyframes to run the whole show, along with some basic drivers on cogs, big wheel and archimedes screw.

Hope you like my piece.
Blender bullet rocks!

Attachments

In case you missed it, here’s the video:

[video]https://youtu.be/5LC8PYq_VS0[/video]

Hi

This made me laugh. That is super cool. thanks for sharing. Must have taken a while to get it going. Some materials could be refined but I think some attention to lighting could do the real magic.

Thanks thurines :slight_smile: Yes I’d like to push this further at some stage and tweak some materials and try something more dramatic lighting wise. Thanks for looking (and laughing :slight_smile: )

STUNNING WORK! I like it very much! I always had a dream to do a thing like that in Blender, but i need more practice…Congratulation! Ono of my fsvourite animation! :wink:

Thanks so much PikTron!

Wonderful! This is inspiring work! How about trying to get the marbles sequenced by reading a MIDI file?

Cheers, Clock.

Thanks for checking it out, and all your inspirational work!

He he, the thought had crossed my mind Clock about something music driven, but hard enough getting the physics to behave as it is :slight_smile:

And then my son showed me this video. Humble pie servings followed immediately :smiley:

@Hammers,

Yes, this is a wonderful machine, I was shown this after I started my Clockophone project. I too realised that there is a long way to go still for me! Keep up the good work. I think I might try to model something like this in Blender, driven by a MIDI file… I just wish that the chap who wrote the MIDI script would update it to run in later versions of Blender, it only runs in 2.49.

Cheers, Clock.

Sorry for the long time bump. Just thought I’d mention that I’ve made the source .blend available on Blendswap now if anyone’s interested in picking it apart. It’s still in the moderation queue, but if you get a chance to download and upvote I’d appreciate it.

Cheers!

Glad you bumped it, missed this, great work! :slight_smile:

very cool, well done

Thanks @colkai and @Meta-Androcto! Glad you liked it! :slight_smile: