Once upon a time in America

Hi guys. I’m new in the forum. This is a work I did a few months ago, based on a frame of “Once upon a time in America” film (1984). Cycles + Gimp.

Attachments

Hi Vic! Nice to see you here.

I love this scene, the lighting is amazing and there are a lot of details in this scene.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Simply put, just beautiful! Good lighting and I love the fact that you did not use an either orange or pinky — sunset sky, but a more interesting one. Great work, and keep up! Oh and the B&W photo is even better!
The ornaments on the post are not so visible in the B&W picture and its better from my point of view. You should use focus point on the Camera, to make some objects more obvious than others and blur the distance a bit.
Oh and a good tip for you, make a puzzle game out of the colored image :smiley:

Thanks Sergio!

Great work! Love it.
the modelling and the attention to details is truly inspiring. Lighting is very nice too. Maybe a car with motion blur at the foreground would add a more lively feel to it?

Thanks FredHystair! I agree with you, with a car the scene would have been better (in fact appears one a few frames hereinafter) But I thought it would be too much work hehe Thanks for the comment. :slight_smile:

Thanks ColorPixel! (sorry, I can’t see your message until now) I like better the B&W picture too (Maybe because I didn’t obtain the color that wanted for some materials :)) You are right about the focus of the Camera, it would have improved the scene, but I wanted respect the original one (with very little blur)

Thanks for your feedback. :slight_smile:

Very lovely and detailed work. Congratulations to this good job!

great work!!!

Thanks minoribus and Secrop!

Stunning work! Love this piece :slight_smile:

5 stars from me!

Wonderful. Must agree with a bit of dof though and perhaps decrease saturation further away from camera. That straight line of the left building against the sky is killing it for me…but otherwise, there’s some gorgeous detail all around!!

Thanks a lot Jaime B, I’m glad you like it. :slight_smile:

Thanks jim trim. Yes, perhaps I lacked add a bit of dof, maybe for another time. Thanks for your feedback. :slight_smile:

Cheers!