How bright should I set the sun for a 12 noon scene?

Here is my sun set-up:

/uploads/default/original/4X/f/5/5/f5535cb4eef2dbd174327d1493776959c68019ab.pngstc=1

Attachments

There’s no precise way to tell. the sun lamp is not realistic in terms of luminance, so it all ends to atmospherical and geographical conditions. A scene in the mountains would need a brighter sun, a scene in a poluted city not so much, or is it near the poles or the equator, etc.

Thanks for the info guys.

“The brightness of the sun” (and every other attribute of the exposure) should simply be, “what gives good exposure throughout the frame.” Noonday sun, of course, is [almost …] “directly overhead,” and that’s probably going to be the most-essential visual attribute. (“Noonday sun” on a cloudy day, after all, is still “directly overhead.” And, if you’re under a cool shade, say with a nice iced glass of something-alcoholic, the sun “out there” doesn’t seem particularly bright(er).

To my eye, most of the things I’ve seen that were intended to convey a sense of “blazing heat” just don’t work. (And may you be severely beaten over the heat with wet pasta if you dare use ‘cicadas’ in your sound-track!) :wink: