Holes in Fluid mesh???

Hi;

I have a simple fluid setup where I’m using an inflow emitter to emit liquid into a glass. But I have a rather dusturbing problem. I’m getting holes that show up on certain locations of my simulated fluid mesh that seem to occur once in every 40 or 50 frames. They look like a cluster of polys have been selected and deleted. I’ve tried upping the sim samples, subdiv levels etc. all to no avail. Is this common occurrence or is there a way around this, or is it a horrible bug of sorts? I’m on 2.77a.

thanx in advance fir all the help;

AJ

Is this common occurrence or is there a way around this, or is it a horrible bug of sorts? I’m on 2.77a.
How are we to know since you’ve only supplied a miniscule amount of info to go on.

No screenshots and not even a .blend file (should be supplied with ALL support questions)

Put some effort into writing the post and you’ll most likely get more useful replies

You’re absolutely right. I apologize. I’m attaching a screen capture that illustrates my predicament…

Attachments

Yes, I have seen that on many occations. I suppose there is a bug somewhere.

Anyway, for me this only happens when there is smoothing involved, either having a smooth value larger than 1 in the fluid boundary settings, or using the Smooth modifier.

Turn all smoothing of and see if the problem remains.

Oh, smooth shading is fine, by the way. At least in my experience.

/Jakob

No one???

It tends to be easier for people here to suggest things if a blendfile has been provided so that your setup can be tested by anyone interested in helping.

Yeah, I’ve seen that occur a couple of times. If you don’t use any smoothing (either in the fluid boundary settings or via the Smooth modifier) it should not appear. You could also try with lowering the subdivs. If I recall my old tests correctly, the problem appears when both subdivs and smoothing is present.