Outdoor Hallway

The other day, I saw this beautiful outdoor “Hallway” at an outdoor shopping center. I felt like modeling it in Blender, So I did. I, unfortunately, did not take any pictures of said “Hallway,” I just made it from memory. I would really like feedback. Thank you!

Attachments

It has a potential - but unless intentionally, I would try some less square leaves.

good luck

As the person above stated, the leaves may need some work. I would also refine the darkness ahead, make it look as if it should be there, but I understand that this may not yet be finished. What light source did you use? I can see it was placed rather close to those pillars because of the shadow perspectives. If this is natural lighting, I’d place the light much further away, use a sun lamp or HDRI.

In addition to the above changes, I would mix a bit of glossy and translucency into the leaves. Try using a leaf texture for alfa, and running it through Crazybump for a normal map.

Hey!
Great start. It has real potential.
Critiques:

1. Lighting. It’s really flat. Did you render in internal or in cycles? If the first, try changing to cycles. This is my biggest complaint on most renders: Extremely boring lighting.
  2. Background. I don’t really understand what’s going on. It’s just black. Maybe add a few more elements in the back area or continue the hallway until it naturally fades into black.
  3. Texturing. The textures are pretty flat too. The ceiling is most noticeable. I like your panels a lot but try to use more bump maps to make the texture look more realistic.
  4. Leaves. Square xD
    Anyway, great start, just tweak a few things and it should be really cool!
    Blender2003

i want to see those vines. they are the focal element, and we can barely see them. try to add some reflection, and a bit of light to them.