Pepita house

Hi everyone after month of work and advice from all lux community i’m glad to show you the final result of My outdoor/indoor gpu trial ! The best in this WIP is that all the target has been reached !

1/Fast gpu rendering of heavy outdoor OK !

2/Fast indoor GPU OK !

3/ noise free and fireflies killing OK !

4/ Intenssive uses of Luxcore Nodes with complex shaders OK !

5/ Ready For Production 70% ! (some high requested features like colorRamp/RGB curves/node material auto import… etc are missing )

INFOS : Blender 2.77 + Luxcore 1.6 all rendered on 2XR9 390 nitro 8GB

Outdoor render time : 2 Hrs
Indoor render Time : 5 Hrs

Go Here To see All Pics : http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12873

Attachments

Lovely work, all the images are very nice.

Hey, lovely renders in my opinion!

I’m curious what made you choose Luxrender over Cylces?
The thing is I just don’t know much about Lux so I would like to know what its strengths are.

Very happy you like it !

I’m curious what made you choose Luxrender over Cylces?
The thing is I just don’t know much about Lux so I would like to know what its strengths are.

1/ I love luxrender and i want it to be my main renderer

2/ Luxrender GPU mod is bloodly fast especially final render mod. (so fast then you can use some tricks and settings to produce indoor animation in 15mn/frame)

3/ Very great features such as Light groups / bidirectional VCM engine / Biaspathocl split kernel for next released …

4/ IT work on both NVIDIA and AMD GPU (there is a serious developement in this area opencl 2.0 is on the roadmap when Nvidia will i’ve ready driver)

5/ But you will need serious learning to take the best from it :smiley:

here some non posted pics:

Attachments

superb. Liked it very much.

thanks you so much guys ! hope this could give you an idea of what’s possible with new luxcore ! especially for those with powerfull AMD GPU useless with cycles in serious work.

here is the orignal thread on luxrender forum:

http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&p=122350&sid=521a8ad444706c68509d40ad33dac01e#p122350

very beautiful work, good light

awesome renders! so from where to start using luxrenderer?

1/ go to the forum section download the last dailybuild :

http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12147
2/ go for the wiki page to understand how it work : click on “wiki” top of the page.

3/ If you uncounter problem or bug search on the forum before you creat a new topic to ask your particular matter we we will be happy to answer ! more ; most of the time your answered by a developper.

more image on the project :

AND AMG S65 A45 modeling process : i’ve got lot of fun while modeling Cars and kitchen Assets for this project. i will send kitchen pics later !

Attachments

Excellent work!

thanks a lot really appreciate !

here are some of the assets i’d modelled for the project :

Attachments

Luxrenderer is looking fabulous. I can’t even render a cube in lux… :frowning:

give more detail.

1/ CPU GPU specs

2/ luxcore versions

3/ OS

4/ an maye your .blend cube 3d scene.

the global kitchen view !

Attachments

I think that LuxRender still is kind of hard to setup when using it the first time.
To improve this it would be good to know where exactly people fail. Could you go into detail a bit more?

I think that LuxRender still is kind of hard to setup when using it the first time.
To improve this it would be good to know where exactly people fail. Could you go into detail a bit more?

Most of new luxcore user’s come from cycles world ! based on this we can simply change what we consider as default settings !
For example.

current ------------ new default

classic Api luxcore API

Auto linear linear gain = 5

Bidir/metr path/sobol

And another interesting thing could be the possibility to acess textures folder directly from material setting pannel.

I didn’t do that up to now because I thought it was not stable enough yet.
But maybe it’s time to change the default now with 1.7dev.

I also thought about this, but it will not really help to simply switch the tonemapper to linear.
For example the Sun and Sky lightsources are extremely bright compared to a typical 100 W meshlight - if linear tonemapping was the default, the image would be completely white when using a sun/sky.
To counter this we could set the default gain of the sun/sky to something very low like 0.0000001, but that will break physical correctness…

The Bidir+Metropolis combination is the standard since years because it is very robust and works well in almost all scenarios without tweaking.
Sure you can get faster renders with Path+Sobol in many scenes with easy lightpaths, but the default should be something where you don’t have to tweak any settings as a non-expert.

I guess you mean that the default folder that should be opened is the one selected in the User Preferences as default texture folder?
Last time I checked that was not possible due to API limitations in Blender.

Well I just gave it a basic material to a blender start up cube and hit f12… new window opens and in that window, nothing happens… I’m using the lastes lux render 1.6 I think…

What was the render time of kitchen view?

INFOS : Blender 2.77 + Luxcore 1.6 all rendered on 2XR9 390 nitro 8GB

Outdoor render time : 2 Hrs
Indoor render Time : 5 Hrs

Some of the indoor took me only 3Hrs but the max is around 5hrs !