MotoGP

Added a few more details and started on materials

Attachments

That’s coming up really good :slight_smile:

Wow. The quality of the lines and shapes is amazing. Are there any modifiers on that or is it just really high poly/good use of smooth shading and beveling/creasing?

HI, thanks for the compliments. Everything is shown at subsurface level 3 currently. I just kept pushing the polygons until they looked right.

Slowly adding details, more to follow

Attachments

Weld test with hand painted texture. I think I’ll go back and find a real weld image to overlay, i just wanted to test it out. I tried some actual poly welds and didn’t have any luck, to me, this looks like the way to go.

Attachments

second weld test , I had inverted in the wrong direction.

Attachments

You should definitely check out this guys series on modelling the S1000RR. Sadly I think 3D-Palace went foobar a few months back and the tutorial series doesn’t seem to be purchasable anymore. I’m sure if you did some digging you may be able to acquire it elsewhere though…

Really great work, motorbikes have some very tricky surfaces…

Really nice work, but - there is often a butt - the welds are not right! They are far too rough, If I had welded like that I would be grinding them out and redoing them. Typically on a race bike these welds will be TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) welded with great care to get a smooth as possible weld. There will be some undulations, but not what you have here. Every crease in a weld is a “Stress Raiser” the tighter the crease the greater the stress raiser and the more likely the weld is to crack. So use some undulation, but no tight corners and try to smooth it out with regular undulations as would be the result of a professional welding job. Hope you don’t mind the critique, but details like this are important given the effort you have put into the rest of the model.

Here’s good example of a TIG weld:

Cheers, Clock.:slight_smile:

Attachments

finally found some good ref photos, i’ve been working off of only one side view thus far. completely redrew the front end and will ’ try ’ to apply the same detail throughout

Attachments

The model and the welding details are just incredible, keep it up! :slight_smile:

Started on the engine and spending some time with cycles materials.

Long way to go…

Attachments

Very nice - materials look good. I shall watch this thread.

Cheers, Clock.

Attachments