Smoke domain inside of another smoke domain causing some glitches

Hi. I have a problem. I have two different smokes and fires. And i have to keep both domains in same place. But i noticed glitches once i added second domain both fires started to explode rapidly ar some frames, so its goes smoothly and than very fast smoke and fire movement. how can i avoid it. should i use different layers for domains?

From what i know overlapping domains are not supported. I’d be glad if that has changed.
To be on a safe side try placing them on different layers.

@eppo

I noticed that even if domains are on a different layers but they overlapping (so yes they are on a different layers but placed on the same spot kind of) then they will behave weirdly they are exploding like crazy. So i am considering to render them saparately and combine later in the compositor…dont know yet how i will do that because i never before was combining smokes in compositor so if anybody knows tell me please

This looks like deep compositing which is way beyond what Blender currently has, afaik.

Have you set up different flow groups for the different domains? Otherwise, problems are bound to happen.

Anyway, I have experienced some weird behaviour with intersecting domains, but nothing like you described. In one case things just would not render properly, but that time it was a GPU problem, so resorting to CPU rendering solved that one.

In other cases things worked out fine if I just redid them from scratch, but I guess the real lesson here is that the results will be somewhat unpredictable once you start having intersecting domains.

/Jakob