Sunset coffee

It’s the first work I chose to advertise, not yet fully complete (the foam part is pretty weak).
I would love to get any comments and suggestions.

Done in Blender using Cycles, post processed in Photoshop.
Some of the materials are from the Cycles Material Vault.
Notebook and pen are based on models from Blenderswap - Stationary by Dalpat.
Background is a photograph.

Another angle:

Attachments

Is this real life?

But seriously, this looks fantastic. Is this done in cycles(Pretty sure it is but I wanna make sure)? I can never get cycles to render anything good looking, always full of noise and the materials don’t look anywhere as realistic as this.

As for suggestions, I would recommend putting something outside the table, It kind of looks like it either drops into an abyss or that is on the edge of a house or something. While the scene looks good the lack of background elements, aside from the sky, make it look awkward. It doesn’t have to be something fancy, just something that ties the background back into the scene.

Thanks!

Indeed rendered in Cycles.
As for noise, I try using 1500+ samples, avoid too low lights, use the “Clamp Indirect” under “Sampling” and sometimes denoise in post processing, though not in this case.

I agree with the comment about lack of background elements, will try to improve this…

Looking really great even though it’s now finished. The spoon may need a sharper glossiness, most silverware is pretty shiny, close to being a mirror.

I see something wrong with the perspective of the models again the background image, but dont know what is. Spoon is not too much bended?. Congrats anyway.

Thanks for the replies - Pixelgrapher and dogdayfear - I will certainly try to improve the background and the spoon.