mesh twisting along bezier curve

Hi there. I´m new in this forum, so sorry if I make mistakes, I would also appreciatte pointing me in the right direction, if needed.
I´m trying to model a race track, so I got an aerial photo of a track, and carefully draw a bezier curve along one of its sides.
But, when I add, as an example, a plane and a, array modifier then a curve modifier, I get this result :

Maybe someone here can tell me something about why this is happening ?
Thanks in advance !

Attachments

You have not applied rotations or placed objects on origin but that doesn’t really matter if you drop planes and arrays using only what curve provides.
If you set curve parameters like on image, tilt all selected curve points 45 deg (Ctrl-T, 45) you get track after you convert curve to mesh Alt-C. Adjust curve Depth to your track width and by using Offset center track.
For the UV unwrap use Follow Active Quad technique.

Would suggest using screenshots of the whole interface without cropping and scaling when asking questions. Tutorial linked in my signature shows and tells more.

Make sure you apply the modifiers in the right order. If you apply the curve modifier after the array modifier, you’ll get different results than the other way around.

If that isn’t the problem then it’s simply that you have the handles for the bezers twisted the wrong way.