Hand Modelling Bony Look

How can i make this hand look like bony just as like a real human hand. There must be curves on skin that made by bones but i couldnt handle this. TY

Attachments

Depends on the level of detail you want. For some pretty basic bones and tendons you could select faces where a real hand would have ridges and extrude them, then smooth things out so it doesn’t look mechanical.

To get a really accurate details you would go into sculpt mode and add ridges, creases, folds, etc. using a real hand (or reference pics I guess) as a model. Then retopo if necessary.

The problem isn’t just in the bones, the problem is that your hand organically doesn’t look like a human hand, IMO it looks slightly cartoon-ish, or like a morphed alien hand. You need to analyse and understand how a real hand looks like and functions before you proceed modeling one. To do that I suggest you watch couple of drawing tutorials that explain the general human anatomy, and also learn to draw it so that you could have easier time modeling it in ortho view without references. I’ve taken some time and modeled such hands for you. You can download the file here. The Subsurf iteration is set to 2, but you should set it to 1 and then apply the modifier before you start defining and adding more detail to it. Here’s also a tutorial on human hand topology overview in blender. Just so you know, organic modeling is not my forte, I’ve only modeled two organic characters in my modeling “career”, but still I took the time to model this for you to have a little better insight on how a human hand should look like in 3D space. The topology on the other hand is a different story. Sorry If I confused you, I tend to do that to people a lot.

Attachments

It looks like OP isn’t very interested in his own thread, either that or he can’t gain access to this account. I’m starting to lose hope and interest in helping other people here.

Just kidding, I’ll still be around taunting and grinding your gears you guys. Put down your hopes and dreams and cancel that party cause I ain’t going nowhere.