New Tutorial - How to create a row boat

In this tutorial we will be making a small wooden boat. The tutorial covers modelling from top and side reference images, using mirror, solidify and bevel modifiers to accelerate the modelling process, UV unwrapping, texturing and materials. I have included a basic start scene with the reference images already in place.

Don’t forget to subscribe so you can stay up to date with future tutorials and tools.

Thanks for this. I had a run through on the tut and got a cool looking little row boat out of it.

Now I have got all ambitious and am trying to make a Viking boat using the same process, seems to be working so far.

Ha that sounds cool. Please leave a link in this thread when it’s posted up :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking for something like this for a while, i’ve been having so many problems trying to model a boat and even trying to figure out how they build them isn’t helping much.

Bookmarked.

I like the tutorial, cool informal style, but I find the sequential selection at 18:49 disturbing in a falling off the holy waterbed kinda way.

Try using shortest path selection instead of shift+selecting more than two/three mesh elements. In case whoever reads this doesn’t know how that works, select one mesh element and ctrl+select another from further away and Blender selects the path in between. Could then ctrl+select to continue that path, or shift+select something else to start another path, adding to already selected.

That’s a really good suggest. I have the same problem.

I made the base of a viking ship thanks to your tutorial. Thank you so much! :slight_smile:
I gave you credit in the commentary.

BlenderBrit Ha that sounds cool. Please leave a link in this thread when it’s posted up :slight_smile:

It’s still a work in progress but I thought I’d post it anyway as it might give me the incentive to finish the boat of.

It’s the eleventh post in the thread, sorry about not being able to link direct to the image.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?369346

Love seeing my tutorials leading to people producing results, it’s gratifying to say the least. Keep it up guys.