"X Mirror" not working for some vertices in the same model

I have a rigged model (that should be topologically symmetrical) which for has some vertices that refuse work with the “X Mirror” option. I even have the “Topology Mirror” on and I can’t figure out how to make it work.

Does anyone know what’s going on?

If not, is there a solution to make the “X Mirror” option work? (Aside from deleting one side and mirroring it as I’ve already edited the weight painting)

I’ve selected the problematic vertices in the attached .blend file.

*In case it helps: The model at one point was asymmetrical for some reason, so the attached model is the result of trying to place the problematic vertices in symmetrical space.

Attachments

SymmetryProblem.blend (882 KB)

Don’t have both X-Mirror and Topology Mirror enabled at the same time, just use X-Mirror and your object then mirrors correctly for me

Rather than placing all of the vertices on the symmetry by hand (or using snap to symmetry on the vertices not symmetrical) you can try this addon: https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Mesh/Remirror
It will move all of the vertices so they end up symmetrical again. After installing it you can run it in object mode by pressing spacebar and searching for remirror.

Oh, wow, thanks! That certainly resolves that headache, haha.

I recall working with only the “X Mirror” on, but having to turn on “Topology Mirror” when it wasn’t working by itself. I guess I didn’t think having both on in turn could also make symmetrical manipulation not work.

Do you know why having both enabled makes some vertices problematic?

Nice, very useful! I used it on another model I was working on. Timely suggestion. Thanks!