Teapot scene

Hi!
My latest work, this is the result of hours of studying on photorealism.

Modeled in 2.77, rendered in Cycles. Heavy use of fresnel and phisically correct shading, cloth simulator and indirect lighting :slight_smile:

Attachments

Wow, looks very realistic! Do you mind talking about the little Cloth under the teapot? :slight_smile:

Thanks! I discovered that the “little cloth” is called a doily (I too was unaware of its name) :smiley:
Well I tried first to parametrically model it in sverchok, but it was too long and unpredictable; turned out the simplest solution was the best: it is just an image plane with transparency and a fabric texture for displacement.
I added a little cloth simulation, then smoothed it out in sculpt mode and finally used the flatten brush on the centre wrinkles -where the pot is standing-
ViolĂ  :slight_smile:

The only thing that makes it not look like a photo (well it looks like a photo, but here is a point) is that it is too clean. It is not unrealitic that way, in the sense that a scene like this could exist in the real world, but it would be more likely that there was some kind of imperfection. Anyways it is amazingly realistic. It could very well be a photo. Great work and keep blending away! :slight_smile:

Good job!!! Perhaps a color correction and contrast ??

Attachments

This is incredibly realistic! Especially for a Cycles render, our little rendering engine is truly becoming the real deal.

@Julioras Ahah thanks!! Yes, I have to learn to do postproduction… Maybe your correction is a little too overexposed, but it really helps the image stand out!

I like very much these scene because the teapot was one of the first tutorials I followed to learn using Blender. And those fine cups with the golden edge (and doily) remind me of my grandmother. :slight_smile: Maybe it could need a little postprocessing with compositor but it’s great anyway.

Result is great! My congratulations!

I love it! Congratulations. You finally achieved want you wanted to: a nice, beautiful and photorealistic casual shot. I think it doesn’t need any color correction. I find it perfect as it is. BTW, are the forniture in the background part of the HDRI?

I keep coming back just to look at this. Really good work.

Wow, this is great!

Why does it only have 3 stars?? must be some jealous artists on here!!!

Fantastic work mate! 5 stars from me :smiley:

Edit - Glad to see my 5 star rating bumped you back up to 4 star! :slight_smile:

Thanks Mr. Chuan! You really nailed my intent: a casual shot! Couldn’t have said it better myself :slight_smile:
@Jamie B Thank you a lot :)!! Ha ha I don’t think it’s jealousy, maybe just different tastes, nevermind, I’m glad you guys took the time to review and comment!

This looks really convincing! Would you mind sharing the blend file or the material node setup? I would love to learn from your settings…

Of course!
The ceramic is a slightly modified version of the node setup from “5 tips for better materials” by Greg Zaal on Blender Guru. It comes in two forms, the second one with decorations.
Finally there’s the napkin setup

Attachments

1 Like

I like it very much. Bravo!

@el_dib: Thank you for your setup! I didn’t thought about using SSS for ceramics but it is probably the thing that makes it look so good.

Really a well done and eye catching image. Bravo e complimenti per l’ottimo risultato.

Grazie Harvester!

That looks awesome!