their pillars, waves

This is an abstract image I made yesterday/today. It is called “their pillars, waves.”
I was inspired to create something abstract because of Pixelgrapher’s abstract architecture scene :slight_smile:

Attachments

I was also inspired by Arvo Pärt’s Miserere :stuck_out_tongue: amazing piece

Update 1:

Attachments

New render:

Attachments

Your idea is pretty cool :wink: I can see a lot of lore coming out of that. However, I think composition may need a little work, at the moment, the positioning of the camera makes the objects look a little ‘random’, but that’s probably something to work on in the end. I see that the water looks slightly low-poly in one area. Are you going for that kind of look for the water? If so, you should make it deliberate; either definite low-poly or high-poly smooth shading. Having it slightly faceted makes it look like an artefact. With some development anything can go a long way. The abstract architecture render took about five days to get to the final stage…

cheers :slight_smile:

Hey! Thanks so much for critiquing. I do want vary low-poly water. The figures are supposed to kind of be worshiping the light of the orb.
Here is a new render:

Attachments

Yeah, I think that looks better. Why are some of the ‘stones’ empty did some people fall off? If so, maybe you could add a hand reaching out of the water. Keep improving it, great work so far…

I feel like it is a origin to a world.

New Render:

Attachments