Terrain Test

my current game is a bit tough and kind of drove me away, so i decided to try something a bit simpler that I have done before, but this time it should look nicer, here is the first picture.

I will definitely get back to my other game, I am just doing something a bit simpler as practice before I get to the better one.

Thanks for any comments

Fredstash

Attachments

And what does it do?

have it LOD or something come on, more information’s!

Looks good! Is this going to be a game?

Sorry, I didn’t give more info, I am planning a more basic adventure game where you kill creatures to get money in order to buy keys to open different area’s. But this is base around money mechanics, IK bones, interesting combat, and basic character interaction. (Plus other stuff like LOD).

Thanks for the interest

Fredstash

p.s. I am planning on spending time working, but school is nearly over and that means finals… If you get my meaning.

Here is the character mesh. any suggestions on proportions would be nice.

I am planning it to be this basic so I don’t get distracted by character design, so I am just looking for help making it look human. (I am forgoing eyes, ears, mouth, and nose for sake of simplicity)

Thanks for any help and support.

Fredstash

Attachments

Good…I’d scale a little hands…are too small.

Thanks, I will do that- I am progressing, It is just the Ik rig so not much to show.

Best tutorial for human figure I know of on the web. if you find a better one please let ME know. =D

Best wishes.

Thanks, but it is kind of difficult because I am still a teenager living at home, and this is a publicly viewed computer so that makes it a little uncomfortable to watch anything like that when my siblings are walking around.
So I have to stick to textual sources as of right now.

That particular tutorial doesn’t show naughty bits, so I am not sure exactly what’s the issue, but you have to do what is ok at your house, for sure.

Thanks for understanding, it’s more the principle than anything. I am going to continue working on IK.

I think the character looks great. The proportions and relaxed pose are much better than those you’ve done before. I think your experience with rigging and animating is starting to inform your design choices. You’ll get better and better as you begin to understand how the requirements for rigging change how you model the character.

It’s good to start over sometimes too. As you improve your skill you’ll want to improve on what you’ve done before and that’s easier with a clean slate.

It’s good to start over sometimes too.

are you implying this about my character on this level (don’t worry i won’t be offended if it is). I am currently preparing for an Ap test and finals so this project has been kind of put off too.

No, I meant the earlier project.
I know you were working on new animations for that, but it’s sometimes better to create a new rig to focus more directly on animations (don’t have to worry about all the logic bricks etc…)

Yeah, the new rig for my other game works nicely, but I literally have to redo all of the character logic based around that rig, so that kind of put me off, so now I am working on another one from scratch so I can get through any hiccups before I work on the main game.