I need someone to rig this Crow model

I plan on purchasing this crow model from Turbosquid:
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/obj-corvus-cryptoleucus-chihuahuan-raven/934530

It’s rigged for Maya but I need it rigged for Blender. It needs to have the same rigging features that the Maya rig has (you can see an example of the rig in the downloadable video “Chihuahua_Raven_Rig_Preview.avi”.

So if you are excellent at rigging in Blender, then I will purchase this model, send you the .OBJ, let you rig it for me, and then I will pay you. We can talk rates over PM. (And be prepared to show me other rigs that you have done in the past).

Thanks!

If you export it as an .fbx file in Maya, you should be able to import it in blender as a rigged model.

I don’t know if the rigging will contain all the features available in Maya, but it should save a lot of time opposed to restarting from scratch.
If you don’t find the fbx importer in blender, make sure you’ve got the addon enabled in the User Preferences.

FBX imports the rig as well? I thought it only imported the model.

Yes it does.

With proper weights as well?

You might have to re-setup the control shapes, but the weight painting should be fine.

If you don’t mind, could you continue this discussion via PM or request that this thread be moved to the Support forums? The Jobs forums are really not the correct place for providing advice.