I get a "No Render Output Node in Scene" error. What is this?

I googled this but found no current links for it and the older ones I did not understand.

I have made a turtle model and unwrapped it and applied haphazard textures to it and am now hand painting it in cycles render. I went to do a test render with the camera and I got an error message, “No Render Output Node in Scene.”

I have no idea how to remedy this. Need pointers!!

Here is the shot of the scene…with the error message

Thanks for any help with this.

Attachments

At some point you have set up compositing nodes for the scene, in addition to material nodes. The error message comes up when you have no “Composite” output node in your compositing tree. Either add the composite node, or in the render context panel go to Post Processing and turn off the Compositing checkbox.

Thanks CD38. My wife and I will be moving to Minnesota probably next year. Just an aside. Thanks for the reply.

Is there a link to a tut or something that can show me how to add a composite node?

I turned off the Compositing checkbox and that worked…thanks. But would be nice to know how to add a composite node. I don’t see anything like that under the Add menus when I look at each.

Not important. it is nice to be able to render now. Thanks for that tidbit. Really appreciate that.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The compositing nodes are separate from the Material node context. In the Node Editor window, clicking the icon indicated below will show your Compositing node tree. In this example also, the Composite node is disconnected, so this scene would generate the error you are seeing (if Compositing is checked in the Post Processing tab).

Great…Thanks a million.