Rendering turns up all black

Hi all,

I am sure this has been asked before and my apologies in advance. I have been trying different stuff out for the past hours, but none of the potential solutions -as suggested online- have worked.
I am a total newbee and my problem is this. I am trying to render out an animated ink blob (red on white) but the final jpegs turn out all black. As in, the whole screen is black.

Some info: Im on an iMac 2,9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, and have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB card. I use Blender 2.77a. I have noticed that some options are not available to me, for example, choosing a device in the render window. All I get is ‘display’ and ‘feature set’. Perhaps my mac is not up for the task? Any other video software does runs fine on it though…

Is this enough info for someone to propose a suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

testje blender.blend (541 KB)

In the compositor you have enabled nodes but have no render layer nodes just a black composite node.
Disable by unticking ‘Use Nodes’ or the ‘Composite’ option in the Render / Post Processing settings

I have noticed that some options are not available to me, for example, choosing a device in the render window. All I get is ‘display’ and ‘feature set’.
Have you enabled your Compute Device in the User Preferences / System settings ?

Attachments

Thank you Richard. I am trying this out as we speak. I already figured out that I needed to download an NVIDIA driver first, before I even got the option to compute a device. Figure I’d share this info in case anybody else runs into this problem. I will get back with a definite answer whether your suggestions worked! For now, many thanks for helping out!