5 steps to end poverty and elevate mankind

Want to fix the problems with capitalism?

Step 1 - End oil subsidies and spend money on new battery tech (millions of recharge cycle Lithium ion polymer batteries)

Step 2 - end coal subsidies, use that money to put solar panels all over all low income areas, making them actually produce more energy then they use - now the poor are the power company, and they don’t need assistance for energy.

Step 3 - subsidize and teach 3d printing tech coupled with recyling to create low maintenance vertical farms and LED assited greenhouses, automate the proccess of planting and harvesting, so that crops are coming to harvest once a week or more.

Step 4
Build 3d printed PhotoBioReactors, process waste water with them, then proccess biomass with supercritical gasification, make rocket fuel, or diesel or plastic using fischer tropsch proccess.

Now the poor have power, a universal basic income, clean water, and food.

Step 5
Now make a open source, free , encrypted peer to peer internet,
Educate people for free using assets like MIT online classes and Khan university, Collaboration on redesigning and researching green sustainable technology will be possible.

Capitilism, should cater to everything past basic human nessessity, study after study suggests stress reduces intelligence, if people are collaborating on solving the worlds problems, rather than running on a perceptual rat race, we may see actual social progress in the next decade.

That was not that hard eh?

Most of the issues we face stem from issues with the monetary system itself. It brings out the competitiveness in humanity that results in the elevated stress. The crisis cycle is a result of the behaviors that monetary economics promotes.

The reason that the new models are arising is because the entropy is becoming more obvious. The crisis cycle is cycling at a more rapid pace. When people loose everything more than once in a lifetime, the problem will solve itself.

Capitalism and other financial systems are probably on their way out. No need to try to fix something that is that broken.

Step 1 - End oil subsidies and spend money on new battery tech (millions of recharge cycle Lithium ion polymer batteries)

This assumes that Lithium-Ion technology is ideal enough to be the end of the line when it comes to battery research, what about the tech. still in the research phase such as Gallium-Nitride batteries?

Step 2 - end coal subsidies, use that money to put solar panels all over all low income areas, making them actually produce more energy then they use - now the poor are the power company, and they don’t need assistance for energy.

And when the sun isn’t shining (sometimes for days on end) and when the panels are covered in snow/ice during the Winter, then where are the poor going to get their energy? If that means they have to make do without power at times, then they would be worse off than when they had coal power. Besides that, they will also have to spend money to clean and maintain their new solar panels.

Step 3 - subsidize and teach 3d printing tech coupled with recyling to create low maintenance vertical farms and LED assited greenhouses, automate the proccess of planting and harvesting, so that crops are coming to harvest once a week or more.

Vertical farms are indeed doable, but where did you get the idea that every crop can be made to go from seed to maturity in one week? Some plants need months to mature even under ideal growing conditions (so how are you going to fast-forward to that extend barring the idea of creating time anomalies (where time literally goes faster in a bubble of some sort)?

Step 4
Build 3d printed PhotoBioReactors, process waste water with them, then proccess biomass with supercritical gasification, make rocket fuel, or diesel or plastic using fischer tropsch proccess.

Now the poor have power, a universal basic income, clean water, and food.

Have you also factored in the space needed for those reactors? How about their productive capacity and who’s going to maintain them?

Step 5
Now make a open source, free , encrypted peer to peer internet,
Educate people for free using assets like MIT online classes and Khan university, Collaboration on redesigning and researching green sustainable technology will be possible.

This might be the most doable of the bunch (since a lot of resources you find on the internet now was once only available in a university setting), but why does the technology have to be limited to ‘green’ solutions (particularly since some of those solutions actually perform worse than the old ones)? Though the thing with the encryption, how then are you going to stop people with evil intentions from carrying out their plans (as the steps above will not prevent some from harboring ideas of malice)?

To conclude, if the steps to creating a global Utopia were that simple, someone would’ve already done something similar on a smaller scale.

Re read the thread, holy shit it had absolutely nothing to do with what I was rambling about. :confused:

I tend to break it down thusly.

1: End legal tender laws.
2: End limited liability.
3: End Intellectual Property.

In the end, the real problem with humanity is humans. We wouldn’t even have these three fascist policies if it were not for the shortcomings of humanity, both the high and the low.

most issues would be solved or easy to solve once the population is reduced to a
— SUSTAINABLE ---- level

2 to 2.5 Bil or pre ww2 levels

so basically the removal of 66% of the world pop.

just here in MY!!! lie time the usa pop. has more than DOUBLED!!! ( about 2.3 X the mid 60’s level )

I know this is off-topic but how can I make a signature?

I feel this thread has some popcorn potential, thou we are not there yet.

PS also, what @Ace Dragon said!?

edit your profile options :smiley:

Except that it has nothing to do with reality, was not hard.:slight_smile:

1. New battery tech is researched, but technically nothing is viable to store electricity in industrial level.
    The best option today is to use water power (pumping up water with cheap electricity, then use it when it is necessary; think about efficiency with multiple conversions).

2. Solar panels are a joke. Renewable energy is a joke except of water plants which requires specific geography/topology needs.
    Only nuclear energy offers clean and cheap energy today. Coal, oil are not just fuels, but sources for chemical industry.

3. 3D printing is a joke, it is for cheap prototyping and fun. Classic producing of stuff is cheaper and more controllable related to quality.
    Vertical farms are not magic. They have pretty serious limitations; I also suggest to learn some Biology/Agriculture before thinking about it as a magic.

4. “PhotoBioReactors”

Why do you think that there is a difference between fuel made from oil and fuel “harvested” in your imaginary reactors?

1. I agree, but technically it works this way already, there are tons of free online classes.

Real needs:

1. Overall the world population have to be reduced as fast as it possible to a sustainable level without wars.
  2. More people with higher IQ needed; the average level of IQ determines the society we live in.
  3. Democratic rights should be changed; there is no sense in counting votes from people with IQ 90 and IQ 140 with the same value (weighted votes).
  4. Same for having children; actually poverty is reproduces itself without skills.
  5. ‘Access’ instead of ‘ownership’.
  6. Planned obsolescence based on rational needs, not on profit needs.
  7. Heading for real meritocracy, competence-based society.
  8. Eliminating fake science, mumbo-jumbo with learning.

All options are deterministic, since human is not, nothing will work :stuck_out_tongue:

Though i see ‘a blind men’s wise wish’: “War to eliminate competition (minorities and ‘sick’ population), since the fittest (us) will survive, development will continue at faster pace without distractions to cater for the weak…”, yet they who believe so are weak.

There is no spider without a fly.

with more of this

But a new vision of a more sustainable ‘integrated neighbourhood’ community is being implemented in the Netherlands, with the first of a series of high-tech farm villages set to be completed next year. The project, being built just outside of Amsterdam, is the brainchild of California-based developer ReGen Villages, and after its pilot community is finished in 2017, the company plans to bring the concept to Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Germany.

and tech like block chain, and khan university, we are already well on our way to a more stable future.

another thing, is penetrating bureaucracy,

the problem come with the greedy ideas , some low,s arent perfect and thy know that ,and thy dont want to do anything about it, so the blame is also on the people, because thy do anything the power man tell them like buy this thing and thy do, dont buy this thing and thy do ,if thy once reject it ,you,l see what will happen

on your profile option,s :slight_smile:

if we start producing power , food, water etc, using semiautomatic systems,
we have more hours to solve other issues.

money is a proxy for time,

efficently harnessing that time, can remove the need for such proxies,

Considering Socioeconomics from a General Systems view, there are two components; the Archetype and the Particular. Since socioeconomic systems are by nature complex self-organizing systems, the archetypal model is needed to provide axioms for the particular model. Both are required to be dynamic. The archetypal model is the objective, abstract theory and the particular model is the subjective, individual implementations. The archetypal model is for the purpose of providing coherent axioms for building individual business models that are tailored to specific needs. This makes the economic model dynamic, self-organizing, decentralized and still coherent.

As for monetary economics, it’s punching itself out as we type. The crisis cycle is a product of it’s growth and debt basis. Accompanied with the Law of Accelerating Returns that accompanies technological advancement, is the accelerated pace of the crisis cycle to… well cycle. Now there are people who are seeing more than one collapse in their lifetime. This isn’t something that is going to go unnoticed. It’s not now; and it’s only going to become more frequent. The obvious failure of monetary economics is going to rapidly become so painfully obvious that confidence will be lost. I’m not even going to say eventually because it’s happening now. The new business and economic models that are emerging are more than enough evidence to that fact. I wouldn’t give monetary economics any where near another 100 years. The “Internet of Things” will probably be enough to cause it. Each financial crisis will come more quickly than the last. That’s huge.

@BPR
It’s not that easy. Even new technologies that sound incredibly better come with cons. And in any case it’s not like clicking a switch. It takes many years. BTW did you read some book on the argument?

Well it worked for south Western egypt so I don’t see why it won’t work for other desert nations like Australia,Israel,Saudi Arabia,etc

Also, PBR

Ending oil subsidies will just remove a bunch of jobs and ruin countries like Nigeria and Saudi Arabia whose existence depends on their oil supplies.

Same thing with coal.

I’m sure the first 2 steps are great for countries like Egypt and Germany since we never relied on coal for electricity or oil for money in the first place, but this is terrifying news to a country like Nigeria,

The only thing that makes Nigeria, Nigeria is oil. Without that they’d be just as poor as the other central african countries and the already shitty electricity that clocks in 1 hour per 2 days is powered by coal.(Used to live there)

Step 3 I agree with, China’s way ahead of you ;)(There was an article about china teaching kids 3D printing a while back)
The 3d modelling part only though. I have no problem with the rest of step 3

Step 5 I agree wholeheartedly,
Internet is not that expensive to maintain,
There’s no reason for ISPs to charge us 20 USDs for 4 MB/s every month

there are no nation, no borders… get it out of your system, if you are coming anywhere near to the solution