Animation questions plz don"t delete

Idk why but for some reason someone is trying to ruin this website by deleting relevant threads.

Anyway, I have a couple ANIMATION questions for the ANIMATION SECTION OF THE WEBSITE and I’m going to keep posting them until they’re answered.

One is: For a walking cycle, how can I set up an animation I just made so that I can package it as a single animation and loop it indefinitely?

With that in mind, I have two other followup questions: How can I build in a “relative” translation within the walking animation or using the animation such that a character moves in their forward, relative y-axis direction in the same direction that they are looking but without the repetition of the animation making the character teleport back to the beginning of the walk cycle?

Next, using whatever answer I can get to that question, how would I said it up so that a character walks only on the surface of another mesh, without going through it, sort of like a grid snap but to the faces/vertices of the mesh? Would I need some kind of collision setup for that? Or Rigid body?

Idk why but for some reason someone is trying to ruin this website by deleting relevant threads.
You have had no posts deleted. If you don’t see posts then read the FAQ linked at the top of the forum. I will however now delete the other two duplicate threads awaiting moderation as the question is covered in this thread

Anyway, I have a couple ANIMATION questions for the ANIMATION SECTION OF THE WEBSITE and I’m going to keep posting them until they’re answered.
Wrong. You are asking support questions so they do not belong in the forum for finished artwork animations, they belong in the Support / Animation & Rigging forum. This is not difficult to understand so don’t know why you have done this. I have therefore moved it to the correct location

For question one, depending on how it starts, you would need to copy the last steps you created so far and duplicate once the walk cycle is about to make the same step as the first one. If you are starting from a standing position, create a duplicate action so you can have 2 separate action. Go to the NLA editor and add in the actions. Press the N button and go down to the Repeat indicator. Even if you have only one action, you can still use the repeat action.

If you have a master bone, it would be better, in my opinion, to move it in a separate action.

I’ve seen something that says you get parent on object to the vertices of another object, but I don’t want to move only along specific vertices but rather all vertices of the object.