24bits audio in movie file

Hello there,
I’ve been using Blender for a while now, actualy only the VSE part. I use it for concerts video editing (classical, brass band …), including multicamera management.
Altough my recording has audio in 96 kHz / 24bits, I’m looking for a 48 kHz / 24 bits audio in the final video.
I’ve been wandering around and manage to tweak the 48 kHz in the scene parameters but I can’t find where to set the 24 bits. It’s ok if I use the Audio mixdown fixture but then I only have the audio without the video. If I render the animation, I end up with 16 bits …
I’m sure I’m not the only one with this issue but I couldn’t find an answer in the forums.
Thanks,
Vincent

Video/audio encoding in blender uses ffmpeg and you’d need something like “-acodec pcm_s24le -ar 48000” on it’s command line.
Some parameters are accessible via UI and their defaults are set in .py files as a presets. Check in …/2.77/scripts/presets/ffmpeg folder e.g.
Idk if it is possible to add any additional ffmpeg command line parameters there, probably not, since it looks like only defaults for the user changeable values are present in files, thus, any added string values will either cause an error or kill the render.
Here is a 2 years old brief overview of the video output variety, i somehow doubt much has changed since (article does not cover audio encoding/quality issues though, only video).
Guess you could do combine required audio and video produced more freely in Kdenlive or by using melt.
Also since you do not mention type of audio recording you have, just a heads up - https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/HighQualityAudio