Command line render just quits. No error? Here's the output....

When I do a command line render, it quits immediately, but I don’t see an error in the output. It’s supposed to render 180 frames. I bet I’m doing something wrong, but what?

Here’s what I see (it’s my command line, followed by the output as it quits immediately):

<i>Mac:animated user$  </i>/Applications/blender-2.77a-OSX_10.6-x86_64/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender  -b  /Users/user/Documents/Projects/Active\ Learning\  Spaces/3D/Animated\ Room_Layouts_CS_226_Active-Learning\ v2.blend -o  //comlinerendered_

Read new prefs: /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.77/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /Applications/blender-2.77a-OSX_10.6-x86_64/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/2.77/python

read blend: /Users/user/Documents/Projects/Active Learning Spaces/3D/Animated Room_Layouts_CS_226_Active-Learning v2.blend

Blender quit

I just solved this myself. I needed to include the -a flag, to tell it to render all frames. Because I left that out, and I didn’t include any other commands telling it which frames to render, it rendered nothing and quit.

Ideally, it could have mentioned something like “0 frames specified; 0 frames rendered” but I’m grateful for what I’ve got. It’s rendering in the background and I’m able to work on other things. Splendid!

1 Like