Call for best quality Blender Free Cycles Materials

hi, I’m rewriting the materials library in addons_contrib to be different, basically I will be removing the current online matlib addon (xml based) & replacing it with this one: https://sites.google.com/site/aleonserra/home/scripts/matlib-vx-5-6 (blend file based). being Blend file based has many advantages such as drop your own mymaterials.blend into the matlib folder & they are in the addon & usable right away & support for external renderers that use blender’s system such as vray. If you can save your materials settings in a .blend file, the matlib will pick them up and display them in the menu.

By default I’ll supply a small selection similar in size to current matlib.
There will be an option in the addon to download an extended free library also.

There is only a short time to complete this project, 2 weeks at most.

Call for best quality Blender Free Cycles Materials

If you are the author of a quality shader & would like to donate your shader to this cause please post a link here.
If you are a user that would like to make suggestions for materials here, please do not, instead contact the materials author & ask the materials author to post here. My google fu works really well & I have more than enough materials to fill the new lib 10 times.

Materials will be cc0 only
yes some pbr shaders would be awesome.

Enjoy, let’s see what this brings.

Note, Authors are welcome to place an empty frame node with their name in it unconnected but in the node tree for the material.

Hi, would be possible to contribute with procedural shaders? I’ve been worked on it from the last weekend, and I want to release them, for, free, when I´ll test them in a real archviz scene, and if the result looks good. Excuse my english please, I´m from Cuba.

Attachments

yandrychoy, yes, procedural only, no image textures
moony, thanks very much :slight_smile:

Thanks for this!

A small library of quality materials is an excellent starting point for people like me, who don’t do a 3D art on a daily basis and are not so proficient with nodes system.

Will these shaders also be added to the Blender Cloud?

Hereby i authorize you to use the Universalshader Fusion for this project only, as a CC0. You are free to implement it.

Here is i the link: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/71685

Good luck, and keep it up! :slight_smile:

Hereby i authorize you to use the Universalshader Fusion for this project only, as a CC0. You are free to implement it.

Here is the link: www.blendswap.com/blends/view/71685

Good luck, and keep it up! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: