Chocofur shaders and textures now under CC0 license

Hey everyone,

if you’re Blender Cloud user you might have noticed a last week’s update on the texture library. I’ve decided to contribute my the entire chocofur shaders and notextures.com libraries to the Blender Cloud which means they’re now released under CC0 license. How does it work in practice? Quoting from the Creative Commons source:

“You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.”

In other words, all of the shaders and textures are now released as “open source” assets which you can use without any limitations.

Currently you can access the libraries in the following ways:

• By registering to Blender Cloud (almost all textures uploaded already, I think the only missing category are wooden textures).
  • By registering at chocofur.com and downloading our free shaders together with textures (the brick textures are missing as we’re waiting for full microdisplacement implementation to include them in the shaders).
  • By visiting notextures.com and downloading 1024px samples of everything you want (both the site and its licensing will be updated in the following months).

I know it’s all a bit sketchy at the moment, should be organized a bit better etc. but I didn’t wanted the technicalities to stop me in releasing the content to the community. I’m also planing to release all free chocofur models under the same license in near future, probably as soon as it’s possible to share them through Blender Cloud too.

I hope you really like the update and the assets will serve you well :slight_smile:

Man, your are just awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!

But I do not see any of them in the Blender Cloud library yet, do you have a link?

Awesome! Big thanks!

That’s great, thank you so much!

Thank you very much!

Super. Thanks

Top! Thank you

Very generous. Thank you.

Thanks a lot Lechu, I’m glad to be a customer of your shop when you give back so much to the community. Looking forward your plant and trees library :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Lechu, I’m glad to be a customer of your shop when you give back so much to the community. Looking forward your plant and trees library :slight_smile:

Hi lechu,

thanks for the generous share. I have a question about one of the tutorials from your site. I ran into a problem using your IES method. Actually, i think i ran into a serious blender emission system issue and i wonder if you stumbled upon this issue using your IES setup.
If it is reproducible on your versions (i’ve found it in linux 2.71 / 2.75a / 2.77a) the IES system is hammered pretty bad along with the whole emission control setup.
If you have the time please see if you have this problem too and if so we should file a bug report, the screencast videos are in the attachment.

Attachments

emission_002e.zip (1.55 MB)emission_003e.zip (1.58 MB)

Hi, i replaced the link to the hosting site with zipped screencasts, hope it helps.

hi lechu,thanks.can you explain how the “basic metal” shader is constructed.it seem to be blending glossies with different roughness depending on angle.are the blending curves fresnel curves?how do you translate metals of different iors(need different curves?).i would like to learn from your approach.

Thanks for the resources!
Downloading the shaders now

Thanks a lot !

lechu, thanks! Suggestion, could you make a small image below the shader so that we see what shader are we downloading.

Also, could you tell me how to use Chocofur_IES_Lights.blend in the scene?
Thanks!

That is truly amazing. Thank you very much for sharing. Think im gonna have to buy something. :wink: