McLaren MP4 - Just another car render

Hey!

In the flood of character renders I would like to share a couple of car renders with you guys.
I have been working on this model from time to time and it is finally done.

Thanks!

Attachments

3 Likes

Some outdoor renders:

Attachments

This is AMAZING!!!
I would love to see a turntable, and a material breakdown!

WOW love it. Amazing car paint material.

Wow, good shit. Love the material. I’m working on my first car model right now, so this is quite inspiring.

From modeling to shaders and rendering, everything looks great man. Bravo!

awesome man…all perfect work!!

Last image is hard to differentiate from real photo…

Your paint material and lighting is beautiful, very nice highlights on the studio shots. And that wet version looks incredible! Terrific work, Dan80!

Very nice work! The last one of the outdoor renders is absolutly fabulous! Subtle but very nice use of details.

OK, nice pictures. Where are renders ? :smiley:
Amazing work sir!

Wow! This just blows my mind! Excellent, excellent work! :smiley:

Brilliant Work! Inspiring…
would love to see the turntable and wire
Did u do the interiors too?

Could you tell us how you did the water drops? Freaking amazing renders man.

Great Work

Very cool indeed

Thank you for all the replies!
It is great to know that you guys like it.

Some of you asked for a material breakdown so here it is:

1. Diffuse with fresnel effect

2+3. Base Glossy Layers. Used add shader and controlled by the ‘Value’
4. The Flakes. Basically adding a glossy shader with a black and white voronoi color map.
5. The reflective, glossy coding
6. Color Management!!

The material is not physically correct and it does not work with all colors either due to the ‘add shader’. However, I found this worked for my render and so went with it.
The ‘Reflection’ node group is made by CynicatPro (youtube) and it is awesome!

@erel96: An alternative turntable is rendering at the moment. Thank you for the idea! (y)

@keseyrage: Nice! I would love to follow your wip! ^^

@ABK: Yes, i modelled the interior as well. I will post some more renders and wires soon. Thanks!

@Rushlord: I used multiple water drop, water lines and in general grunge textures mixed together and multiplied by a fresnel-node and then plugged it into the roughness of the glossy. On top of it I used the texture without the fresnel to mix between the car paint and a solid black material. The large drops are made with a particle system.

Attachments

More renders!!

Attachments

Amazing work there. really impressive. the car paint shader is one of the best i have seen.

I had model this car for a training, need say, it is not an so easy car to do. Many curves but straight line. Give me strong desire to finish it.

Outstanding work.