GTX 1070, CUDA binary kernel for this graphics card compute capability (6.1) not foun

Any ideas on how to get rid of this error so I can use my new GPU? Thanks a million for the replies!

Hi, LazyDodo post a kernel for 1070/80, check out.

https://developer.blender.org/T48544

Search for sm_52 and copy sm_61 kernel to same location.

Cheers, mib

@decksounds13 could you write if it works with your card?

Hey, I have just bought a GTX1070 today and found the above sm_61 kernel, too. It works for me; I can render stuff via GPU.

It works but SUPER glitchy. Viewport jumps around and shi. Also, very slow.

1 Like

Hey! I also just bought the GTX 1070.
Where do I place the sm_61 kernel?

Right here: blender-2.77a/2.77/scripts/addons/cycles/lib

Hey guys! do you mind running the benchmarks on your systems with your cards? I really hope the CUDA 8 gets officially released soon, so that Pascal cards starts getting full-time support! I ordered a GTX 1060 recently over a GTX 970, and I am really hoping some good performance, which I have a feeling I wont get until the issue is resolved!

Any one has an idea on when the official CUDA 8 toolkit is expected? The RC has been launched since a few weeks I think!

Thanks!

They just said august.

Lets hope full support of the GTX 1000 series cards is released soon! It would feel such a waste of GPU otherwise.

There is a great video on this process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCbdHwBA-q4

anyone can share karnel_sm_61.zip file

You do know you can just use any build from builder.blender.org, right? They all support Pascal cards.

This video may help you solve the problem

This just solved the problems with my new MSI ARMOR RTX 2070. TY SO MUCH … The calculation time with my demo .blend file went down from 1:19 minutes with my GTX 670 to 00:32 seconds with the new RTX 2070…

Latest Blender 2.80 builds (at least 64-bit Windows and Linux) include Cycles kernels for the new RTX 20x0 Nvidia cards. There’s nothing fancy like RTX acceleration, but people with a 2080 etc. should be able to GPU Compute render in Cycles out-of-the-box now.

1 Like