Flan Enemy Wanted Modeled from following picture.

Can anyone model this Flan for me? You can give the flan a roundish jelly head if you like or just model it the way it is as “the blob.”.

Its for the underground city Sewer Level in the game. :evilgrin:

[IMG]http://i.imgbox.com/eE9qNB1o.jpg[/IMG]

Link to Game Project: http://tozan35.weebly.com/

I can do this if you still need it.

Oh that would be great, Yes I do need the flan modeled for the sewer level in my game. The sewers currently have about 56 flans in it already scattered around in the game script, but its not yet modeled for a 3d engine., but this is one of the flans… They can also look like jellies as well with the rounded top heads, not just as slime blobs like this one is.

I also have other stuff too needing to get done like trying to get my commander mesh rigged by someone, so i can beable to render him in scenes without him being all stuck forever up in the t-posse. I really need to get his arms all down. But I don’t have enough knowledge in blender to know how to rig up a human mesh so i can move the arms out of the way.

My contact details are on my site. The game I’m working on is a big project, found here :http://www.tozan35.weebly.com

send me the commander i can rig him

already sent pvt msg concerning the commander. He hasn’t been fully skinned yet. Hes only
had his head and shoulders skinned. That’s why the rest of his body is all white. But I’m told he still can be rigged.

I also been told that if I have the commander doing audio dialog, (talking) in the game, as my game has voice dialog in it, then he will need a facial rig specially for lip synching the audio. I guess they use a different model or maybe they just have both rigs in it the model, I don’t know too much about it.

I’ll be happy to just get the basic rigging for him done so he can then beable to get into the different poses. I know you gotta then somehow record those posses in order to animate him which I don’t know how in blender, I know what you must do, but don’t know how to go about it all I know is you gotta move all his bones into those positions with keyframes I think…I don’t know how to do that yet in Blender, as animation of meshes and bones is beyond my knowledge.

Is my flan still being modeled? I’ve heard no reply about it now for several weeks.

Kintaro. these t3d files are they animation files ??? Or are they texture and rig information files? For If the commander hasn’t been animated yet. there is a way to do it with Motion Capture 3d files in blender. But i don’t know how to connect (skin) all the bones to the motion capture rig in Blender.

The other way is to download the animation starter pack from unreal to retarget your rig to the animation but I dont’ know how
to set up the animations.

I know what has to be done, but I don’t have the skillsets to know how to do it by myself.

well the skeleton is a standard UE skaleton so is shood work wyth retargeting in UE and the T3D ar elements taht apeard in UE when i imported captin model to UE and the body/head/material 004/material 005 ar textures

you can find tutorials about retargeting in UE on the Unreal web page and youtube
and im sending you file with little fix on the FBX file nothing big something were wrong when i exported and center of bones seems to be in one place not on separate bones

ok, yeah the video was blurry the one i watched, I could not read the window settings the guy was changing, so I didn’t get to see what he was actually doing in Unreal for linking up the rig to the animation starter pack files, because there ws a problem with the video text being blurry
and hard to read so that didn’treally help

So no, i don’t have the skillsets knowledge to know how to link my commander rig all up in the Unreal Engine code in order to beable to animate the rig and used those stored animations to control the player all around with. I don’t know how to code this. And that’s the brick wall I’ve run into. All I managed to do with him is just swap the demo blue guy for my commander’s mesh and that’s about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9aLbZLdeA look this up

I don’t know how long this will take to fix up…But This is the end result I got when I
attempted to animate the commander’s skeleton., it wasn’t a good result when I tried it. Look what happens when I try to animate the Commander. His mesh suddenly turns into a warped moving
mangled mess on the screen… That’s not normal, that means there’s a problem with the
targeting of his skeleton.

[IMG]http://4.t.imgbox.com/6KDM83X6.jpg[/IMG]

What I see happening here is that Unreal is unable to correctly target all of the bones
in the the commander’s mesh because the bone names that you provided on my commander are totally different to the Unreal Skeleton hireachy names which I’ve listed below. so all Im getting is animated MESS waving around on my the screen which are are the bones that the target cannot retarget. Because the Unreal Skeelton has 72 bones but your commander has got 92. So I can’t fix it unless i turn off the animation then the commander’s mesh returns all back to normal again.

The issue? Too many bones, UNreal dosen’t like alot of bones. And the bones of both
skeletons MUST have the exactly same names conventions or it cannot target the
animation correctly to the mesh, so the result is a stretched warped
and twisted mesh…

I cannot add new bones to Unreal Skeleton skeleton either because it has to be done in a
modeling program outside of unreal.

You will need to fix the bone names up on my skeleton so I can re-import the
skeleton in again.into Unreal and then try again to attempt to animate him. So here’s
the Correct Bone naming structure of the demo rig that my commander skeleton rig
needs to have according to Unreal. I cannot correct this problem in Unreal, because Unreal
says I have to fix up the bones and re import the skeleton again…

What this means is that I have abt 25 bones that are not bound because Unreal cannot bind
them if those bone names do not exist on the Unreal Skeleton Mesh I am trying to
target from.

Here’s the Unreal Demo Skeleton bone names.

Skeleton
root
pelvis
spine_01
spine_02
spine_03
Clavicle_1
upperarm_1
lowerarm_1
hand_1
Index_01_1
Index_02_1
Index_03_1
middle_01_1
middle_02_1
middle_03_1
pinky_01_1
pinky_02_1
pinky_03_1
ring_01_1
ring_02_1
ring_03_1
thumb_01_1
thumb_02_1
thumb_03_1
lowerarm_twist_01_1
upperarm_twist_01_1
clavicle_r
upperarm_r
lowerarm_r
hand_r
index_01_r
Index_02_r
Index_03_r
middle_01_r
middle_02_r
middle_03_r
pinky_01_r
pinky_02_r
pinky_03_r
ring_01_r
ring_02_r
ring_03_ r
thumb_01_r
thumb_02_r
thumb_03_r
lowerarm_twist_01_r
Upperarm_twist_01_r
neck_01
head

thigh_1
calf_1
calf_twist_01_1
foot_1
ball_1
thigh_twist_01_1
foot_1
ball_1
thigh_twist_01_1
thigh_r
calf_r
calf_twist_01_r
foot_r
ball_r
thigh_twist_01_r
ik_foot_root
Ik_foot_l
IK_foot_r
ik_hand_root
ik_hand_gun
ik_hand_l
ik_hand_r
72 Bones names in the Unreal Demo Rig.

And here’s My Commander’s Bone information of his skeleton.

Skeleton 
     Root 
      Centre_of_Gravity 
       Torso 
        Chest 
         Lower_neck 
          Skull 
            Skull_end 
      Clavical_l 
        Should_l 
         Bicept_l 
          Forarm_l 
           Hand_l 
            Thumb_Root_l
             Thumb_Middle_l
               Thumb_Tip_l
                Thumb_Tip_l-end
     Finger=Index_Root_l
       Finger_index_Middle_l
        Finger_Index_Tip_l 
         Finger_Index_Tip_l
     Finger_Middle_Root_l
      Finger_Middle_Tip_l
       Finger_Middle_Tip_l 
     Finger_Ring_Root_l
      Finger_Ring_Middle_l 
       Finger_Ring_Tip_l
        Finger_Ring_Tip_L
     Finger_Pinky_Root_l
      Finger_Pinky_Middle_L
       Finger_Pinky_Tip_L
Elbow_Target_L 
 ElbowA_Target_L-end

Clavical_R
Shoulder_R
Bicept_R
Forarm_R
Hand_R
Thumb_Root_R
Thumb_Middle_R
Thumb_Tip_R
Thumb_Tip_R_End
Finger_Index_Root_R
Finger_Index_Middle_R
Finger_Index_Tip_R
Finger_Index_Tip_R
Finger_Middle_Root_R
Finger_Index_Middle_R
Finger_Index_Middle_R
Finger_Middle_Root_R
Finger_Middle_Middle_l
Finger_Middle-Tip_R
Finger_Middle_Tip_l
Finger_Ring_Root_R
Finger_Ring_Middle_R
Finger_Ring_Tip_R
Finger_Ring_Tip_R
Finger_Pinky_Root_R
Finger_Pinky_Middle_R
Finger_Pinky_Tip_R
Finger_Pinky_Tip_R

Hip
Thigh_L
Calf_L
Foot_L
Heel_L
Heel_L_end
Toes_L
Toes_L_end
Thigh_R
Calf_R
Foot_R
Heel_R
Heel_R-End
Toes_R
Toes_R_End
Hand_Control_L
Hand_Control_l_end
Hand_Control_R
Hand_Control_R_end
Elbow_L
Elbow_l_end
Elbow_R
Elbow_R_end
Knee_L
Kneel_L_end
Knee_R
Knee_R_end
Foot_Control_L
Foot_Control_l_end
Foot_Control_R
Foot_Control_R_end

the names are totally different and that’s why Unreal is balking out tons of bone binding errors.

Moderation: If you don’t mind, please don’t use these threads to discuss the project as it’s on-going. That’s not the point of posts in the Jobs forums. Please use PMs, a separate thread, or email.