Things Blender Seems to be MISSING

For the coders of Blender.

Things I see missing in Blender.

NO TEXTURE FILES BY IMAGE THUMBNAIL WINDOW GALLERIES

• When browsing Textures or Blend files in the directories on your Hard Drive, if you forgot the filename
    you saved a certain texture under and you have over 100 or more textures in that directory then you’re
    gonne spend a long time going through windows picture preview flicking through each file name trying to hunt
    down on your computer for it.

Solution: Blender needs to display all textures found in the hard drive directory as a mini thumbnail window image gallery, a scrollable window gallery and this window gallery will be about 10 columms across. to show all
textures in that directory and you can choose the texture size the window is to display.

• No 3d test animated demo model with the camera socketed to it to beable to walk and run around
    the 3d level both in the game mode or if in cycles walk mode,you can toggle the stick demo test character on
    or off to allow you to move quickly in and around your 3d world to inspect and test for any imperfections in the
    world, or to inspect and test out the world in the game engine. also to help you size the world the 3d character
    is in.

Not having a 3d stick demo figure feature to toggle on or off in your world as you’re modeling it means having to access pull down menus all the time just to turn on WALK and FLY navigation all the time as I see no Shortcut hotkey to allow
me to even quickly acess the walk function when I need it, I always have to go through the pull down menus to get to it.

GAME ENGINE;Soon as you go into game engine mode, that 3d demo model character should pop up on your screen ready to run all around in your 3d world so you can test it, get the sizing of your world right and so on is one reason why you need a 3d demo game characterrunning around in your 3d world as you’re creating it. But with blender, there’s nothing when you go into game engine mode… its all empty…There’s no pre-rigged animated model
running around.

• No 2d thumbnail images previews also of your blend filenames as well to allow you to quickly locate the blend
    file that you want to load into blender.

Again Blender forces you have to hunt around for the filenames to find them, instead of doing the smart
thing and showing preview thumbnail galleries of your images.

• No 2d Image thumbnail Previews of any Groups of meshes that you have saved, when going to
    append the file so you can see the image previews of what the group is at a glance without having to
    rummage through tons of filenames trying to remember which group filename it was saved under. Especially
    needed when you dealing wtih blends with Multiple Groups.

Then you can push the cursor down each blend file in the directory as the previews of the group snapshots show up and think, nope, not this blend, nope not this one, ah there it is it was in this blend… Saves you having to load up every single group up from Blender Files in trying to locate which group it was.

If you guys want Blender to be more powerful, you need to show filenames as thumbnails

Solution: Blender needs to display all textures found in the hard drive directory as a mini thumbnail window image gallery, a scrollable window gallery and this window gallery will be about 10 columms across. to show all
textures in that directory and you can choose the texture size the window is to display.
Set the file browser view to thumbnail to see the textures

Not having a 3d stick demo figure feature to toggle on or off in your world as you’re modeling it means having to access pull down menus all the time just to turn on WALK and FLY navigation all the time as I see no Shortcut hotkey to allow
me to even quickly acess the walk function when I need it, I always have to go through the pull down menus to get to it.
Shortcut for walk mode is Shift+F

Shift+f to walk around mode. And tab to activate/deactivate gravity. You can even jump with V and change walk speed with the mouse scroll

• No 2d thumbnail images previews also of your blend filenames as well to allow you to quickly locate the blend
    file that you want to load into blender.

Again, you can set up the file browser to the thumbnail mode. Even your regular file browser (at least on Windows) can show the thumbnail of each Blend file.

If you generally want to use list view in the file browser but only want to use thumbnails when selecting images then in the User Preferences / File panel there is the option you can enable (called Show Thumbnails) to open the file browser in thumbnail view when you are selecting an image or a movie file.

I tried doing Shift +F for entering the Walk Mode in object in cycles mode but nothing is happening.
and when I try the wasd keys to move around, it brings up Camera specials menu. So its not activating the walk mode when I press Shift F

I just checked in the user prefs under view 3d Walk Model , I see no Shift-F hotkey binding assigned
to turn the walk mode on.

Which one of these settings (and there are alot of them) that I have to change to active this
Shift-F function? or do I need to get a special add-on to blender?

SEAMING AND CUTTING: Why can’t the test model UV wrap stencil grid with all those numbers have movable verticles on it that you can just simply move those verticles all around into place with the numbers to correct all the uneven topography on the texture wrap rather than having to mark out and then cut out the whole thing all up into pieces to try to get the texture to wrap evenly around on the model?

I’m only a noob with Blender, so i have questions about it as I think Blender is a bit complex.

Hmm with most programs they have those gallery view options already hard coded in their menus, but with Blender it seems that everything seems to be all hidden away deep in the user prefs. I’ll have to check out the user prefs.
Like most file browsers it’s just an icon at the top of the interface to change the view mode !

Okay, so how do I resolve the Shift-F hotkey walk mode not activating issue ? its not working in Cycles mode and I don’t know why this shortkey key I was told to use is not even activating the walk mode… I don’t know which setting it is in the user preferences in order to get blender to recognize Shift F to turn on the walk mode because I might be looking at the wrong settings.

I didn’t know you change the key bindings from the command menu option line with
the right mouse. For usually key shortcut bindings are found in the user preferences
area.

I think there are some features in Blender that you can’t access from the main UI and
have to access them instead with keyboard shortcuts, and can only access them
from the keyboard.

Also note:
Shortcuts do not work when in conflict.
Start, by using default settings. Sometimes/Often add-ons have hotkeys coded which can become cumbersome.

We also need tearable cloth

• When browsing Textures or Blend files in the directories on your Hard Drive, if you forgot the filename
    you saved a certain texture under and you have over 100 or more textures in that directory then you’re
    gonne spend a long time going through windows picture preview flicking through each file name trying to hunt
    down on your computer for it.

That’s more a problem with your lack of organisation than with Blender’s “lack” of a thumbnail feature - which is false anyway. There’s a button to turn it on:

Learn to organise your stuff on your computer, and you won’t have to spend a ‘long time’ finding them.

Okay, so how do I resolve the Shift-F hotkey walk mode not activating issue ? its not working in Cycles mode and I don’t know why this shortkey key I was told to use is not even activating the walk mode… I don’t know which setting it is in the user preferences in order to get blender to recognize Shift F to turn on the walk mode because I might be looking at the wrong settings.

The ‘walk’ system is not restricted to ‘cycles.’ Shift+F places you into walk mode and you either use the WASD or the middle mouse button, depending on your preference settings to move around the 3D viewport.

I’m only a noob with Blender, so i have questions about it as I think Blender is a bit complex.

In future, before posting a thread detailing functions that are ‘missing,’ do a bit more research or post a support enquiry where people are more likely to help you and take you more seriously. If the function is genuinely missing, then people will tell you and there are ways of filing requests to the Blender Foundation itself.

…and ice cream!
Blender do not make ice cream…I guess?
Bye

Hy,
one juice made of dreams, please.