Extrude a Square into a circle ?

I’ve put a bezier circle modified to look like rectangle
then a bezier path traight line in 3D

when i put the name of the circle on the path it is extruded as a circle and not as a square

what am’i doing wrong ?

and don’t tell me that this is the proof that a square is a circle !

Blender is not Einsten !

Tanks & Salutations

For a straight extrude path it looks okay if I press Set Solid on the extrude path.
This will look awful though if the path is bent. What you actually need is Auto Smooth for curves, but unfortunately that feature doesn’t exist. If you want a bent path, I suggest you do Set Solid on the extrude path, but turn up the DefResolU slider really high (50).

Just tried and it work OK for me. I did this:

1. in topview add a bezier circle. While in editmode press V to make a square out of it. Tab into object mode.
  2. in frontview add a beziercurve. Make a straight line from it editing the endpoints. Tab into object mode.
    3)Select the beziersquare, type in the Beziercurve name in BevObj:.

It should be the other way around :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed it looks good in the 3D-view, but try to render it. As RJ said, it looks like a round tube.

To clarify that path curve

it was a bezier except i left only two points for the curve and then place at desired angle in 3D

and i transformed the bezier into a polyline - easier to work with no tangent line - just dots and one straight line.

So there was only two points defining my bezier curve

I did not do any rendering - just by playing with the 3D view i could see that it was not rectangular but round - it looks like it was ignoring the rectangular shape

Tanks guys

Egg wrote:

SoftWork wrote:
3)Select the beziersquare, type in the Beziercurve name in BevObj:.

It should be the other way around

Indeed it looks good in the 3D-view, but try to render it. As RJ said, it looks like a round tube.

Yes you’re right, that’s what RJ did. My method also works but the outcome of the extrude shape is different. The Bezier curve descibes the shape of the extrusion. In your method the square shape stays the same size and follows the path. That’s probably what RJ wants.