Intellectual Jokes

Intellectual Jokes

Hey, they’re non offensive, smart, and yes, there is usually a delayed reaction.

Here are three of my favorite jokes:

Q: What is the difference between an etymologist and an entomologist?

A: An etymologist would know the difference

Q: How does Orion keep his pants up?

A: With an asteroid belt

Two hydrogens are walking along a street. The first one says, “Hey! I think I lost an electron!” The second one replies, “Are you sure?” The first one then says, “Yeah, I’m POSITIVE.”

Hilarious, I was wondering if any one else shares the same dry humor as I do. And please feel free to post any jokes that create a subtle reaction.

Two guys walk into a bar. The third guy ducks.

I’ve told this one many times, and not once have I seen someone get it before blinking a few times.

I don’t get it.

An Priest, a Minister and a Rabi walk into a tavern. The guy behind the counter says “What is this, some kind of joke?”

But I do have a joke, a daughter comes home very late on a school night, her father, a preacher, waiting in the entrance asked her “Where she were you and why does your breath smell like alcohol!?”, she replies “I was at the library”. He then says get to your room now Satan’s daughter. She then replies “Yes father” There is something very funny in there.

P.S.:
I really don’t mean to be offensive or anything of the sort.

The passengers on a small plane are a quite surprised when the pilots arrive.

The pilots walk up the aisle, both wearing dark glasses. One has a seeing-eye dog, the other is tapping his way with a white-tipped cane.

The cockpit door closes, the engines start up.

The plane moves faster and faster down the runway. People by the windows realize they’re heading right towards the water at the end of the runway.

Panic ensues. Screams fill the air. At that very moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers relax and laugh a little sheepishly.

Up in the cockpit, the co-pilot turns to the pilot. “Y’know, Bob,” he says. “One day they’re going to scream too late, and we’re all gonna die.”

[Edit] “Two guys walk into a bar. The third guy ducks.”
jackj: “I don’t get it.”

Think about it a bit, you’ll get it.

:smiley:

I know a lot of fart jokes. I guess that doesn’t quite count as “intellectual humor” though.

Ya mean like this?

Four farmers were seated at the bar in a tavern. At the table next to them sat a young girl. The first man said, “I think it’s WOOMB.”

The second replied, “No, it must be WOOOOMBH.”

The third said, “You both have it wrong – it’s WOOM.”

The fourth stated, “No, it has to be WOOMMMMBBB.”

At this, the young lady could stand it no longer. She got up, walked over to the farmers and said, “Look. It’s WOMB. That’s it, that’s all there is to it.” Then she left.

Eventually, one of the farmers broke the silence by saying, “Well. I don’t know. A young girl like that. I don’t see how she could know. I’ll bet she’s never even heard an elephant fart!”

A buddhist monk approaches a hot dog vendor and tells him: “Make me one with everything”.

Three guys are in a bar.

• Hey, we should start a pessimists club!
  • Bah, it’s never gonna work.

:wink:

Martin

OK, you asked for it, maths jokes:

What’s the countour integral of western Europe?

0, because all the poles are in the east.

How do you know if operators live in the suburbs?

Because they commute.

also:

What’s pink and hard in the morning?

The Financial Times crossword.

A man walks into a bar, and realises he is slightly under atmospheric pressure.

That’s it for now…

Alex

Hey, was that second joke in the first post aimed at me?

:<

Well having buttocks the size of Jupiter is an insult, but I assure you the joke wasn’t aimed at you. So there is no need to get into a hissy-fit. 8)

Yea I know.

Its fun though.

I got that the first time I heard it. ( but I was 5 or 7, so "bar in the usual sense wasn’t commonplace in my vocabulary) :wink:

It is said that physicist Niels Bohr had a horseshoe hung above his desk. It was correctly oriented, ends up, so that the “luck wouldn’t run out.” One day a friend saw it, and asked, “Why do you have that up there? Surely you don’t think it will bring good luck!” Niels replied, “Of course I don’t. That’s the most ridiculous and absurd claptrap I’ve ever heard. Of course I don’t believe it would bring good luck. However, I’ve been told that a horseshoe brings good luck whether your believe in it or not…”

Bah. Asimov told it better.

Heres one that I remember.

Why do they use Windows 3000 as prison security?

Because it alwasys locks up. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Yes i know there is no such thing as Windows 3000 but the joke came from a tv program.)

LOL, I think you should say Windows ME! :smiley: It sucks.

Jesus and Satan have an argument as to who is the better
programmer. This goes on for a few hours until they come
to an agreement to hold a contest, with God as the Judge.
They set themselves before their computers and begin. They
type furiously, lines of code streaming up the screen, for
several hours straight. Seconds before the end of the
competition, a bolt of lightning strikes, taking out the
electricity. Moments later, the power is restored, and God
announces that the contest is over. He asks Satan to show
what he has come up with.
Satin is visibly upset and cries, “I have nothing, I lost
it all when the power went out.”
"Very well, then, " says God, “let us see if Jesus fared
any better.”
Jesus enters a command, and the screen comes to life in
vivid display, the voices of an angelic choir pours forth
from the speakers.
Satan is astonished. He stutters, “B-b-but how?! I lost
everything yet Jesus’ program is Intact! How did he do it?”
God Chuckles, “Everybody knows…Jesus Saves.”

Heres a few more:

A man opens up a door in his pyjamas. Strange place to have a door.

What Eats Shoots and leaves?

(Should I tell you the answer or lets you gues first? I’ll make you guess. :D)