Fantasy town: update 26.4.

Hi there,
this my last project and I´ve done it according this picture
http://fantasy.mrugala.net/Alan%20Lee/Alan%20Lee%20-%20Minas%20Tirith%20(2).jpg

Attachments

Congrats. Very detailed work. :smiley:
My only crit is that the texture on the big wall in the upper right part of the image looks stretched.
Other than that: good work.

Thats a beautiful render! I really like Alan Lee’s illustrations for Lord of teh Rings and you’ve really captured the atmosphere and style of them!

really nice!
the textures are a bit similar, you could try making the lighting darker, or just giving the textures different/darker coloring?
but overall it is a great work!!

Very very nice. I can’t remember the name of the LOTR city you represented (Myth Dranor I think).

My only crits would be the texturing and lighting. They both create a washed out cardboard model look. Reminds me of that build your castle from paper book my little sister made. It’s probably due to the flat aspect of many of the textures.

Overal its a great scene so thumbs up.
Slep

thats great!!! how ling did it take for you to make it?? and how long did it take for your computer to render it??

Whoa :eek:

Totally ace. You should be proud of yourself :slight_smile:

I want a print for my wall!!

~Misfit

Really nice :smiley:
This really looks like Minas Tirith with that cliff and the towers

Oops dubble post

really cool work :slight_smile: nice perspective and color, the ancient look is great

very good!!!

It’s blender? First time I think It’s render from maya.

Hard work but get really good picture.

I am very impressed. Must have been tough with only that one reference picture.

solid work! looks really cool, great detail and textures.
just, as said before, it looks like a model village, prolly cuz of some of the flat cardboard looking textures. it looks like its lit only with skydome or AO, try some directional lighting too maybe. watch the post processing too, its looking like a castle prop from those really old movies.
good job with the reference pic though, your scene is pretty close and detailed. love it.

Excellent recreation! It actually took a few moments before it sank in that I had clicked the rendering instead of the reference art.

Don’t know if you’ve heard of it, but if you’re interested:
http://www.minastirith-project.com

They’re building a high-res model of the city with a custom engine that does all sorts of occlusion tests to keep it running smoothly. I don’t frequent the site, but it sounds like they still need modelers and (especially) concept artists, if you’re interested.

Nice atmosphere. However, I agree that it looks a tad like washed-out cardboard (which gives it an almost renaissance?-like feel to it)

Aligorith

really great. i personally liked the washed out effect… gives it a fantasy feel to me… but ultimately its your decision. the change i’d suggest is not just the texture of the rock wall, but maybe modelling in some ruggedness.

very awesome though, congrats

Great piece. Really nice overall feel to it, though, as mentioned above, very similar all around.

A larger render would be very nice to look at too.

BgDM

Indeed a large render would be nice :slight_smile:

Great work Yarpen really great.
Lovely details and really nice overall scene and materials.

***** (5) start from me, well earned

PS post it to the Blender.org gallery :smiley:

to all :thanks very much for responses:D
I have tried to make the picture directly according the reference - so there are similiar textures on the buildings and the scene looks a litle hazy.

Trichter: it´s crack - on the cliff (i hope you have thought that :slight_smile: )

Slepnyrl:Minas Anor -> then Minas Tirith :wink:

nokirar:

thats great!!! how ling did it take for you to make it?? and how long did it take for your computer to render it??

i don´t know exactly - it takes me realy much time :), render about 12 minutes (AO with hdri texture)

kijja: yes really it´s done with blender:)

BgDM:thanks, i´ll try to post bigger resolution

Roger::eek: 5 stars , thanks very much:D